Favorite Cat type

Favorite Cat type

Humor4Fun Humor4Fun
do they have breeds? idk i don't like cats.
07/03/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
potstickers potstickers
Umm... cats don't really have breeds to the extent dogs do. Most people won't see a breed other than a domestic shorthair. Other breeds are relatively rare except if you get them through a breeder.
07/03/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
The one in my lap
Oh wait, I didn't mean that sexual.. I literally mean the little orange tabby in my lap looking at me!
07/04/2011
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Of course there are cat breeds - there are specialty breeders of cats almost as many as there are breeders of dogs.

I prefer the Russian Blues ... they're a quiet, calm cat that like routine and non-changing environments. They're really hearty health-wise, and they have personalities to spare.

russianblue

But I also think Toygers are very interesting hybrid breed, as they are bred for the financial benefit of wild tigers. The creator of the line works in big cat conservation.

toyger

And lots of purebreds do end up in the animal shelter for one reason or another. God knows how many Main Coons and Persians and Siamese I've seen over the years.

Here's a more comprehensive list on Wiki. link
07/04/2011
Eucaly Eucaly
Cat breeds are mostly for looks or for personality.

For the looks of a breed, just check out the pictures on Wikipedia or elsewhere.

For personality, try Ragdolls. Almost nothing better as far as cats who are interested in people.
07/04/2011
GravyCakes GravyCakes
i love all types of cats. the 2 that my fam has are mixed, but idk what they are. we got them from friends who's cats went out & had kittens.
07/04/2011
dezzydezire dezzydezire
Bengals and Savannahs are the most awesome. they are domestic cats bread with wild cats and come our being leopard print coat. they have amazing personality fun smart and love water. my savannah loved to play with balls in a pool or the tub. he was so funny. he passed away 18 months ago at 16yrs old. great breeds if your willing to put out the money
07/04/2011
Ghost Ghost
Aristocat.
07/05/2011
Gary Gary
I love all cats... and like most people, I have always adopted a cat in need. If I were to pick out a cat specifically by breed, I would totally go with a Maine Coon. We have a Maine Coon cat now, and it's the coolest cat that ever lived.

07/07/2011
MaryExy MaryExy
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Of course there are cat breeds - there are specialty breeders of cats almost as many as there are breeders of dogs.

I prefer the Russian Blues ... they're a quiet, calm cat that like routine and non-changing environments. They're ...
That Toyger pic is adorable.

I honestly don't have a preference... Long hair might be a bit of a hassle?
07/07/2011
LambChop LambChop
Quote:
Originally posted by Eucaly
Cat breeds are mostly for looks or for personality.

For the looks of a breed, just check out the pictures on Wikipedia or elsewhere.

For personality, try Ragdolls. Almost nothing better as far as cats who are interested in people.
Maine Coon...also very friendly and sweeeeet like sugar!
07/07/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
I absolutely adore cats! My own kitty doesn't belong to a specific breed, but I love her so very much.

I think my favorite breeds are the Ragdoll, the Havana Brown, and the Nebelung. I'd probably get a Ragdoll if I had to pick just one for myself, but it's a tough decision. I also like Tonkinese, Russian Blue, and Turkish Van cats.
07/07/2011
BeautifulDarkness BeautifulDarkness
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I love all cats... and like most people, I have always adopted a cat in need. If I were to pick out a cat specifically by breed, I would totally go with a Maine Coon. We have a Maine Coon cat now, and it's the coolest cat that ever lived. ...
Oh wow! Your cat is beautiful. I love long haired fluffy cats.
07/07/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryExy
That Toyger pic is adorable.

I honestly don't have a preference... Long hair might be a bit of a hassle?
How troublesome long hair is depends a lot on the breed. Persian hair mats easily and requires more attention than Ragdoll hair, for example. But yes, in general, short hair is easier to look after. However, because the growth and replacement cycle for the hairs is shorter, short-haired cats shed a lot more than long-haired ones.
07/07/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
eww cats! just kidding, i love those moody buggers. my aunt has a mynx/ calico cat mix and though he's a pompous ass, he's absolutely gorgeous
07/07/2011
CAKES CAKES
Maine Coon
07/07/2011
Rin (aka Nire) Rin (aka Nire)
Quote:
Originally posted by Ms. Spice
eww cats! just kidding, i love those moody buggers. my aunt has a mynx/ calico cat mix and though he's a pompous ass, he's absolutely gorgeous
Wait, did you say she's got a male calico? That's rare! Calico (or tri-color) is a coloration, not a breed, and it's usually only females that have that coloration (cat genetics are kind of weird that way). I'm envious.

Okay, I'll calm down now. I'm such a cat-geek!
07/07/2011
UnknownGirl UnknownGirl
Quote:
Originally posted by potstickers
Umm... cats don't really have breeds to the extent dogs do. Most people won't see a breed other than a domestic shorthair. Other breeds are relatively rare except if you get them through a breeder.
Typical non cat-lover response.

<3 Siamese (but I love my two mutts just as much )
07/07/2011
BBW Talks Toys BBW Talks Toys
I have had orange tabbies, calico colored domestic short hair, and Siamese (flame point, seal point, and tortoise). My calico, Stella, was my baby but she was a bitch and she had a lot of behavioral problems. When my oldest was born, we had to give her up for adoption because she was defecating everywhere because she was so unhappy.

My favorites were my flame point Siamese and my orange tabby, who were sisters. They were the sweetest cats I ever owned; but I had to find homes for them also when our landlord forced it upon us.

As it is, I don't miss having pets. Occasionally I'll get a hankering for a new pet, but they're not allowed in our current home either. Not to mention, I clean up after enough people as it is.
07/07/2011
catalunalilith catalunalilith
yup, cats have lots of breeds, just like dogs. But like dogs, most are mixes (to an even greater point than dogs). personally i love the personality of the Siamese
07/12/2011
amandaco2011 amandaco2011
I love cats. My favorite are the exotic type.
07/12/2011
Eva Schwaltz Eva Schwaltz
I love all cats. I have two domestic black cats. Those ones with the leopard print coats look amazing. I'll have to get one some day.
07/12/2011
Linga Linga
I would love a toyger, bengal or egyptian mau but they cost about $1500 a kitten here so I'm getting a Russian blue
07/12/2011
Linga Linga
Quote:
Originally posted by Rin (aka Nire)
Wait, did you say she's got a male calico? That's rare! Calico (or tri-color) is a coloration, not a breed, and it's usually only females that have that coloration (cat genetics are kind of weird that way). I'm envious.

Okay, ...
They are rare, really rare! Just like a female ginger is rare, I've been a cat lover my whole life and I've only ever met one female ginger.
07/12/2011
Jenyana Jenyana
I have a pre-loved Tuxedo cat who believes herself Empress of the world... my world, at the very least, and it's hard to argue when at times I find myself giving her higher quality food than I get to eat and getting her a hot water bottle to snuggle next to at night because I feel guilty that I don't let her sleep with me. ^^U

Here she is, in all her lounging glory:

07/12/2011
southern woman southern woman
I love cats!
07/12/2011
Noira Celestia Noira Celestia
I love all cats, but I really like those Egyptian looking ones.
07/12/2011
Papershotglass Papershotglass
Shelter. They always give the best purrs and love.
07/12/2011
LilLostLenore LilLostLenore
shaved.
11/16/2011
LilLostLenore LilLostLenore
I also love scotish folds they are so cute.
11/16/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 28