Silly Things You Thought When Growing Up

Silly Things You Thought When Growing Up

~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Sex Toys Shop

I knew someone who used to thinking, until they were about 14, that you got pregnant simply by sitting on a bed with a guy lol.

As I was growing up I thought that Veterans of the Navy and Veterinarians were the same thing. Probably because I was too little to be able to say veterinarians properly. "Serve our country, and you get to play with puppies. That's a pretty sweet deal ".

Any of you think silly things until you were old enough to know better?

Have fun with this one!
10/14/2010
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Not here Not here
Funny, my man and I were just talking about this last night. I used to think that the tags on mattresses that said "It is illegal to remove this tag" meant that it was illegal, period. I thought I was going to go to jail because I accidentally ripped one off of my bed, but my mother assured me that it meant only BEFORE it was purchased.

I also used to think that "No passing any time" road signs meant you weren't allowed to pass the sign. I freaked out at my mom, telling her she was supposed to stop and turn around, she couldn't pass the sign. Of course, again, I was wrong. LOL!
10/15/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
I wondered whether or not it was possible for a girl to get pregnant from having oral sex with another girl, lol. I was 10ish.
10/15/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Not here
Funny, my man and I were just talking about this last night. I used to think that the tags on mattresses that said "It is illegal to remove this tag" meant that it was illegal, period. I thought I was going to go to jail because I ...
LMAO!!!! That's cute.


That second one is even cuter!
10/15/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
WHAT ON EARTH?!!?1 I have not looked at that product that is now pictured and have no idea how my original image posted turned into that...
It was of a dinosaur originally. Did anyone see it?
10/15/2010
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
I was under the impression that sex was just a bunch of rolling around and rubbing up against each other because that's all I ever saw on tv. I wasn't aware of the whole insertion portion until I was older and closer to sex-ed age.
10/15/2010
lamira lamira
We moved to the country when I was little. My father told me that we get water from a well that exists underground since we did not have town water lines. My father said "well," but since he has a strong Italian accent, I swore he said "whale." So, for the first few years living out in the country, I told everyone that we had a giant whale living underground in our backyard.
10/15/2010
Envy Envy
Dad used to tell me his work put the moon up in the sky, that it was a huuuuge balloon on a chain/string, and dumb dumb me believed him, haha. This was when he worked night shift for a while.
10/15/2010
Alicia Alicia
I used to be scared of Fund Raisers because I thought they were called "Fun Razors" and I thought it meant that to earn money they were going to shave our heads. I have no idea why.. I was in preschool at the time.

I also remember when I first learned about blow jobs I thought that they were when you blow on a guy's penis..like you blow on soup to cool it. Good thing I learned what it really was long before I ever gave one haha.

Oh and I remember hearing people joke about "batteries". And how people who were lonely or horny needed batteries. It was always from things that never specifically said WHY the people needed batteries and I had never heard of sex toys before so I thought that for some reason batteries themselves made people feel good. I have to admit..when I was little I did try rubbing a C battery against me thinking it'd somehow make me feel good...it did not LOL
10/15/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
WHAT ON EARTH?!!?1 I have not looked at that product that is now pictured and have no idea how my original image posted turned into that...
It was of a dinosaur originally. Did anyone see it?
That's the picture that gets posted if you just do the link from the links and formatting without editing it at all. I didn't see a dinosaur though LOL

I figured out that's what turns up when I was trying to help jobthingy post pictures in her review!

I kept saying "try this" and then it'd come up as this:
Sex Toys Shop.

Made it seem like I was telling her to try this big huge red vibe!
10/15/2010
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
That's the picture that gets posted if you just do the link from the links and formatting without editing it at all. I didn't see a dinosaur though LOL

I figured out that's what turns up when I was trying to help jobthingy post ...
That is hilarious!
10/15/2010
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Drat, I have a really cute story about three-year-old me and my very smart dad, but I'd rather not get recognized by a relative on this board!

Less amusingly, I remember having a big argument with my best friend about the proper way to make toast. It wasn't until years later that I realized we had a pop up toaster and her family had a toaster oven, so we were both right.
10/15/2010
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
I used to think "trash" was spelled "chrash" because that's how it sounded to me. Same thing with train. It was "chrain." I was probably five or six years old, arguing with my mom and telling her she couldn't spell. Haha.
10/15/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by ZenaidaMacroura
I used to think "trash" was spelled "chrash" because that's how it sounded to me. Same thing with train. It was "chrain." I was probably five or six years old, arguing with my mom and telling her she couldn't spell. Haha.
My daugher used to call the garbage the "garjib" and she used to call the kitchen the "chicken" LOL
10/15/2010
Persephone Nightmare Persephone Nightmare
When I was little I believed there were actually people inside the TV, lol. Also, I remember distinctly when Princess Diana died (I was about 7), the news was showing some footage from when she was alive. I got confused and thought it was live footage and said to my Granny, "They're lying, she's not dead. *Points at the TV screen* See? She's right there smiling and just fine!".

Also I believed that if I jumped too high on my trampoline, I'd end up bumping my head on a bird, plane, or the sun, lol. I believed alot of other funny things, I just can't remember at the moment.

(I lol-ed at Lamira's post! Hilarious!)
10/15/2010
Naughty Student Naughty Student
When I was little and understood that the penis went into the vagina during sex, I was so confused. I thought, what happens if the man has to pee, he will pee in her vagina. I thought that was so gross and didnt want to have sex.
10/15/2010
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
Quote:
Originally posted by Persephone Nightmare
When I was little I believed there were actually people inside the TV, lol. Also, I remember distinctly when Princess Diana died (I was about 7), the news was showing some footage from when she was alive. I got confused and thought it was live ...
That's so crazy--I remember having the exact same problem with the media coverage of Princess Diana's death. My parents told me that she had died, and I was like "Do you mean that she's going to die? Coz she looks pretty alive to me." I was such a grumpy little know it all
10/15/2010
ZenaidaMacroura ZenaidaMacroura
Oh, I just thought of another one. This is gonna sound terrible, but c'mon. I was like four years old. Haha. My dad used to watch a lot of boxing on tv. The first time I saw an African American was during one of these matches. I thought that everyone was white, and that people's skin changed colors when they would sweat a lot, like in boxing. Haha.
10/15/2010
Madeira Madeira
Quote:
Originally posted by Naughty Student
I wondered whether or not it was possible for a girl to get pregnant from having oral sex with another girl, lol. I was 10ish.
...that'd certainly make having kids a lot easier...
10/15/2010
Lady Venus Lady Venus
I remember once when I was really little, like 7 or 8, I overheard the bigger kids talking about blow jobs so I asked what a blow job was. They told me it was when you blew through a drinking straw at somebody else. (lol) Soooo....I went around with a straw asking people if I could give them a blow job.
10/15/2010
Lady Venus Lady Venus
I also believed that the clit was your 'cherry'. It's probably a good thing I didn't try to 'break my cherry'!! LMAO
10/15/2010
wondertoes wondertoes
I used to think that the red mud that formed in the spring was lava, and my house was sitting on a volcano. I spent many days in fear, worried that my house was going to explode!
10/15/2010
[[M@R!3]] [[M@R!3]]
Quote:
Originally posted by Naughty Student
When I was little and understood that the penis went into the vagina during sex, I was so confused. I thought, what happens if the man has to pee, he will pee in her vagina. I thought that was so gross and didnt want to have sex.
Ha ha ha!! I also thought that!
10/15/2010
sasweetheart89 sasweetheart89
i <3 this discussion. These are all so cute!! I don't remember anything like that about me, i guess i'd have to ask my parents cuz im sure they remember plenty
10/29/2010
DustBunny DustBunny
I used to think the TV program I was watching stopped and waited for me when I turned it off. This was mostly because we didn't have cable, so my parents used to play us tapes of the Disney channel that our family friends made for us way back in the day when you used to have to pay for the Disney channel like late 80's.

Sex wise I wasn't too confused, I knew what stuff was and how it worked because when I was 7 or 8 I discovered my father porn mags and looked at them all the time when I was home alone...which was a lot. But the worst part was after the school gave us all the sex talk about puberty and where babies come from at age 9, I found out I was going to have a younger brother. Which basically meant I knew where he was coming from and was grossed out.
10/31/2010
ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~


I knew someone who used to thinking, until they were about 14, that you got pregnant simply by sitting on a bed with a guy lol.

As I was growing up I thought that Veterans of the Navy and Veterinarians were the same thing. Probably ...
I was told babies came out of a magic door on your belly.
06/16/2012
humblepie humblepie
Oh man >.> when I was in middle school/high school I knew sex involved penetration, but I thought that was pretty much it, that the 'pitcher' would just get inside the receiver and they'd....lie on top of them. NONE of my sex ed classes or books mentioned anything about thrusting, and I actually only found out a few months before my then-bf started having (oral) sex. Even then I only had a vague idea that thrusting was involved, thanks to crude jokes that the boys in my classes made to each other. I asked the bf about it and he had no idea either! Once we got into vaginal and anal sex, things pretty much worked themselves out, but it was still a little awkward.

Bonus: my then-bf didn't know sex was pleasurable. At all. His family was quite conservative and had told him that sex was purely for procreation, and to have it was just a duty as head of household. When we started being intimate, he just wanted to express affection and attachment - he'd never even masturbated before! That misconception sure got cleared up quickly.
06/17/2012
Kitten has left the site Kitten has left the site
I used to think babies came directly out of my mother's stomach *facepalm* I honestly thought the baby grew in the intestines. I didn't know!.
Then I used to think that cats could fly *facepalm*.
06/17/2012
jennifur77 jennifur77
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~


I knew someone who used to thinking, until they were about 14, that you got pregnant simply by sitting on a bed with a guy lol.

As I was growing up I thought that Veterans of the Navy and Veterinarians were the same thing. Probably ...
I used to think they spoke a different language in every state. We were going out of state one year on vacation and I was worried we couldn't talk to the people who lived there! (I was six)
06/17/2012
Bex1331 Bex1331
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I used to be scared of Fund Raisers because I thought they were called "Fun Razors" and I thought it meant that to earn money they were going to shave our heads. I have no idea why.. I was in preschool at the time.

I also remember ...
This is awesome! I love the battery thing!
06/17/2012
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 23