Heads Up for Spammers

Contributor: Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Heads up Eden, this is a Spam message that we just received here on the site IN OUR EdenFantasys MESSAGES INBOX:

"Dear Friend,
Mrs. Thatcher Asare. foreign remittance department ,board of administrator mandated me to look for least known relative of our late client who deposited in our bank enormous quantity of funds , send a mail to my private email address(thatcherme11@g mail.com or tatcher1asare@mail2Cry .com)
so that I can explain more details to you for the claim okay, thanks for your understanding, please acknowledge my mail and feel free to ask any questions , we are always here to protect and serve you better
Best regards,
Mrs. Thatcher Asare. "


Looks like the eMail Spammers have found an open door into Eden's messaging system now, so please don't anyone fall for this if you get one like it.
06/21/2013
  • Get 3 Toys For $50 Only. Mix And Match
  • Save Extra 30% On Bestsellers
  • Give her 3 luxury treats for $60 only
  • Get a luxury couple's set for $60 only
  • Mix and match 3 men toys for $60 only
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Contributor: PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
Wow...that's pretty sad! Thanks for the heads up!
06/21/2013
Contributor: Kitten B. Kitten B.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
Heads up Eden, this is a Spam message that we just received here on the site IN OUR EdenFantasys MESSAGES INBOX:

"Dear Friend,
Mrs. Thatcher Asare. foreign remittance department ,board of administrator mandated me to look for least ...
I was just about to make a post about this.

spam
06/21/2013
Contributor: Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
Yep, I got the same message. Pretty awesome, eh?
06/21/2013
Contributor: PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
Ha! Guess I'm not cool enough to get one!
06/21/2013
Contributor: KimberlyFDR KimberlyFDR
Yep, I got one earlier, too. I got excited, thinking I got an Eden Personal Message, but alas...spam
06/21/2013
Contributor: PassionCpl PassionCpl
I got it. Being English and seeing 'Mrs Thatcher' I thought it was just targeting me for her funeral costs!
06/21/2013
Contributor: Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Quote:
Originally posted by Lildrummrgurl7
Yep, I got the same message. Pretty awesome, eh?
not at all, these site are suppose to be lock safe and secure..
06/21/2013
Contributor: Master DarkWolf Master DarkWolf
Yep it can be pretty hard to avoid them, it really depends...
06/21/2013
Contributor: DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Master DarkWolf
Yep it can be pretty hard to avoid them, it really depends...
Indeed...
06/21/2013
Contributor: js250 js250
I got one--EF better deal with this issue damn quick!! We are talking serious breach of their Privacy Policy....
06/22/2013
Contributor: Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Sorry, I started a duplicate thread, was too discombobulated to search first to see this one! I will link to this one in mine, again sorry A&M! Here's mine: Anyone else receiving spam?
06/22/2013
Contributor: SecretlySensuous SecretlySensuous
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
Sorry, I started a duplicate thread, was too discombobulated to search first to see this one! I will link to this one in mine, again sorry A&M! Here's mine: Anyone else receiving spam? ...
No spam for me so far. I feel left out.
06/22/2013
Contributor: Aishiteru Aishiteru
I thankfully haven't got any spam in my EF inbox.
06/22/2013
Contributor: ViVix ViVix
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
Heads up Eden, this is a Spam message that we just received here on the site IN OUR EdenFantasys MESSAGES INBOX:

"Dear Friend,
Mrs. Thatcher Asare. foreign remittance department ,board of administrator mandated me to look for least ...
I just got it as well. I thought...fantastic! Now I know how safe the rest of my info. is on here!
06/22/2013
Contributor: Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I got one--EF better deal with this issue damn quick!! We are talking serious breach of their Privacy Policy....
i agree, i am very upset over this..
06/22/2013
Contributor: indiechick indiechick
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
I got one--EF better deal with this issue damn quick!! We are talking serious breach of their Privacy Policy....
Agreed this is a HUGE problem. This is what people can sue over.
06/22/2013
Contributor: indiechick indiechick
Quote:
Originally posted by Alan & Michele
Heads up Eden, this is a Spam message that we just received here on the site IN OUR EdenFantasys MESSAGES INBOX:

"Dear Friend,
Mrs. Thatcher Asare. foreign remittance department ,board of administrator mandated me to look for least ...



It is called DigiCert and appartently it protect their purchasing info up to $1,000,000

But eden needs to look TODAY not TOMORROW not MONDAY but today and tell us if their system has been breached. Not doing so immediately when it happens makes them 100% liable and they would have to pay each and every one of us damages.
06/22/2013
Contributor: TJax TJax
at least it's not a particularly clever phishing scam.
06/22/2013
Contributor: SneakersAndPearls SneakersAndPearls
I'm somewhat concerned. I mean, someone being able to spam a ton of contributors at once means they've found a way into the system, doesn't it?
06/22/2013
Contributor: indiechick indiechick
Quote:
Originally posted by SneakersAndPearls
I'm somewhat concerned. I mean, someone being able to spam a ton of contributors at once means they've found a way into the system, doesn't it?
yeah it does. Which is not okay
06/22/2013
Contributor: SydneyScreams SydneyScreams
I got the message...twice :/
06/22/2013
Contributor: SourAppleMartini SourAppleMartini
I guess some Nigerian hackers are really pissed about the point change
06/22/2013
Contributor: Ansley Ansley
Your personal information such as billing and addresses are not stored on the same server as the site itself, as is the case with all major retailers online. The information that is stored only reveals the last four digits of the credit card number, all of the gift card number, and the expiration date. Only certain administrators have access to this information and the ones that due work directly with customer orders (Ilya and Customer Service agents).

Looking through the responses and private messages send to me regarding who was sent a private message it looks like they merely hit the top contributors however in two years I've heard of this happening once before and it was simply someone with way too much time on their hands. (I didn't receive one.)
06/22/2013
Contributor: Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Your personal information such as billing and addresses are not stored on the same server as the site itself, as is the case with all major retailers online. The information that is stored only reveals the last four digits of the credit card number, ...
Thanks for the info, Stormy!
06/22/2013
Contributor: PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
I just came on to this same email today in my inbox. Good to know that our personal information is not store on the same server. I would not feel comfortable with that, since I have made purchases using my bank card.
06/22/2013
Contributor: PropertyOfPotter PropertyOfPotter
I received two of the same message today. I guess they were making up for the fact that they didn't send me one yesterday!
06/22/2013
Contributor: Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by PropertyOfPotter
I received two of the same message today. I guess they were making up for the fact that they didn't send me one yesterday!
So, they haven't been routed out yet, hmmm. Be interesting to see how long it takes, no?
06/22/2013
Contributor: Ilya Ilya
This isn't a breach of anything, it's a person who created the account and sent you these messages just like any other contributor. I locked the account that sent the messages.
06/22/2013
Contributor: Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Wahine
So, they haven't been routed out yet, hmmm. Be interesting to see how long it takes, no?
I was doing some investigating and cross-referencing. Seems as if Fred received a message from them as well... The nerve! hehehe

Anyway, we'll get it taken care of. (Never really understood that kind of stuff, all the copying and pasting gets tedious after awhile.)

And I see Ilya has locked the account. Awesome.
06/22/2013