Do you have guilty TV pleasures?

Do you have guilty TV pleasures?

kck kck
I don't watch much TV, and when I do it's usually something on the Discovery, History, or Science channels. Documentaries are my favorite, but it seems that now even these "educational channels" are investing in reality TV: Man vs Wild, Survivor Man, The Colony, etc. And while I try my best to avoid this stuff (which I consider to be, by and large, bullshit), it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so. What's worse, I've found myself watching such shows and actually kinda enjoying them.

So, I confess, there are some crappy shows that I keep up with. My guilty TV pleasures include LA Ink, Say Yes to the Dress, Hell's Kitchen, Kitchen Nightmares, and Project Runway. I might watch those, but I absolutely draw the line at Toddlers & Tiaras, all of the "Real" Housewives, and any reality-TV-date-for-ma rriage show.

Do you have guilty TV pleasures? If so, what are they?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Yes, I really enjoy watching shows I love to hate (or hate to love)!
Not here , SexyySarah , beautifulpierced , Destri , VieuxCarre , Airen Wolf , sexysweetieshan , Annemarie , Lizabeth , Fanny , asdfg , Dusk , ~LaUr3n~ , onehotmomma , Faith , Kimbertrees , Emma (Girl With Fire) , wolf's lil red temptation , CanMan , menotu , lemony , rdytogo , potstickers , northstar , staceejaxxx , IrishLassie , C4ss , UnknownGirl , Tart , BBW Talks Toys , The Awesome Penguin , cherryredhead88 , Crystal1 , Redboxbaby , BluePixi , TheSinDoll , Taylor Von , dhig , dv8 , Totogrl , bobowaxer , *Ashley* , mikebooks , MMMARY , freshbananas , jazz4me , REDRUM , beeauctie2 , skunked , naughtyjo , zeebot , The Curious Couple , ily , Devz , Alkalina , Alyxx , kelaaa33wish , John Baddi , lovemuscle n cookie , Ash1141 , MissCandyland , Ashley:) , Allstars316 , kadytheredpanda , hspence , LavenderSkies , TameTemptress , Greenleaf , Secret Pleasure , Mwar , cutiepie479 , SubmissiveFeminist , J5ive , FallFire , XxXxX , Calypso05 , symon , Lildrummrgurl7 , Phoenix67 , Feisty , pinkpottergirl , Darklyvan , Woman China , kittychilla , sexykiss , TheHardOne , quackbuster
87  (50%)
Yes, but only because the show(s) sucked me in!
kck , Sinjo , SydVicious , Jul!a , DixieDoo , Kim! , twistedheartsx , Lavender*Moon , Alicia , Waterfall , Trashley , CS2012 , Sebmissive , Anne Ardeur , Brook4114 , Naughty Student , misslady , Taylor , moonch1ld , married with children , RomeroB , VenusianThunder , A Closet Slut (aka nipplepeople) , sixfootsex , *HisMrs* , Stephanie Marie , Anjulie , Cream in the Cupcake , indiglo , honeybee7484 , M121212 , angel142stx , missdizzy , jeangel246 , Illumin8 , xoflxokcxo , <3BF , blacklodge , Valentinka , LovesAPoet , AliMc , FHeemz
42  (24%)
No, because I don't watch TV.
joja , Midway through , ......
3  (2%)
No, because I avoid crappy TV like the plague!
Sammi , Alura Une , XXXXXXXXXXXXX , PassionQT , lamira , null , Lummox , P'Gell , Victoria , Kaltir , Miss Madeline , namelesschaos , sarki , big b , Stinkytofu10 , PassionateLover2 , BlooJay , unfulfilled , Iron Man , Hibangel , little miss kinky , ToyGeek
22  (13%)
Eh, I'll watch whatever's on as long as it's "entertaining."
petite-n-sweet , Fun Lover , Avant-garde , Hallmar82 , jfree , Ajax , Bonesdance , Superbals , Stagger13 , rockblenny
10  (6%)
Other ('splain)
deadpoet , Envy , gone77 , Jobthingy , Kitt Katt , Ms. Spice , DreamWolf , LoveDove , LadyDarknezz
9  (5%)
Total votes: 173
Poll is closed
08/18/2010
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Sinjo Sinjo
I would like to make a point that Survivorman is the only non bullshit television show out of the group of them. His job is a survival expert, he teaches people how to survive and do the things he does in his show. There are even a few reports of people citing his advice and television as the reason they survived something.

My guilty pleasure, that's gotta be the new deggrasi or the office.
08/18/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Sinjo
I would like to make a point that Survivorman is the only non bullshit television show out of the group of them. His job is a survival expert, he teaches people how to survive and do the things he does in his show. There are even a few reports of ...
That's cool. I definitely think that Man vs Wild is waaaay > Survivorman.

And The Office! I looooove that show (well, the US version anyways)! But I don't consider it a guilty pleasure; I openly own it
08/18/2010
deadpoet deadpoet
My tv is on all day long, but mostly for noise. If there is something I want to watch I watch it.
08/18/2010
Sinjo Sinjo
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
That's cool. I definitely think that Man vs Wild is waaaay > Survivorman.

And The Office! I looooove that show (well, the US version anyways)! But I don't consider it a guilty pleasure; I openly own it
Yea, man vs wild is all bull.

Les actually carries his gear back and forth and is alone.
08/18/2010
Not here Not here
I LOVE Desperate Housewives.. it's the least guilty of my guilty pleasures though. What Not To Wear, Say Yes to the Dress, Wife Swap and worst of all is a show called Jerseylicous on Style. The women are vile and obnoxious, but it's hilarious to watch their petty catfights. Other than that, I don't watch much tv that I feel too guilty about

And Survivorman is WAY better than Man vs. Wild.. Bear Grylls is a sissy compared to Les Stroud!
08/18/2010
beautifulpierced beautifulpierced
desperate housewives, weeds is my all time favorite, and Dexter and Californication..
08/18/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by beautifulpierced
desperate housewives, weeds is my all time favorite, and Dexter and Californication..
I've never seen Dexter, but I know plenty of people who are obsessed with it!
08/18/2010
Sammi Sammi
I have some shows I watch that I would consider guilty pleasures, but they aren't crappy shows. Of course, my definition of crappy TV is probably different than other people's
08/18/2010
petite-n-sweet petite-n-sweet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sinjo
I would like to make a point that Survivorman is the only non bullshit television show out of the group of them. His job is a survival expert, he teaches people how to survive and do the things he does in his show. There are even a few reports of ...
OMG I used to love degrassi as an ADULT!! Now I have this obsession with old episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race, and Drawn Together. Thank goodness for the internet.. because there's nothing really on anymore that I have to see... although I did get sucked into House the other night.. and I love medical doc dramas (like: I didnt know I was pregnant, mystery diagnosis, etc)
08/19/2010
Sinjo Sinjo
Quote:
Originally posted by petite-n-sweet
OMG I used to love degrassi as an ADULT!! Now I have this obsession with old episodes of RuPaul's Drag Race, and Drawn Together. Thank goodness for the internet.. because there's nothing really on anymore that I have to see... although I did ...
I'm talking about he new degrassi . I know what you mean, I've watched all of house up to season five, that Hue laurie is a hunk!
08/19/2010
Destri Destri
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
I don't watch much TV, and when I do it's usually something on the Discovery, History, or Science channels. Documentaries are my favorite, but it seems that now even these "educational channels" are investing in reality TV: Man vs ...
My biggest guilty pleasure is True Blood. But I admit to watching Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch and when we had those channels, I loved Project Runway. Who can resist Tim Gunn?
08/19/2010
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
I'm addicted to Teen Mom >.<
08/19/2010
deltalima deltalima
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I'm addicted to Teen Mom >.<
I like it too.

I like watching the new 90210 as well. Some things are damn eye-catching like that teacher.
08/19/2010
Alura Une Alura Une
I am between "No, because I don't watch TV.", "No, because I avoid crappy TV like the plague!" .

I haven't watched current TV on our screen in maybe 7 years. The only times I watch current TV is when I catch a glimpse on other peoples' screens and the rare bit on the internet. I do on the rare occasion watch series on DVD but usually I watch things on the internet. Maybe 80% is anime. Much of it is over 10 years old.

Just missing TV makes me incredibly out of touch with my culture, but that's OK.

You would think I get a lot done. No. I spend a lot of time on the internet.
08/19/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
I'm addicted to Teen Mom >.<
When I was visiting my grandmother for spring break and she was at work, I watched a whole marathon of it without moving. If I could watch it all the time, I would. That and 16 and pregnant.
08/19/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
I don't watch much TV, and when I do it's usually something on the Discovery, History, or Science channels. Documentaries are my favorite, but it seems that now even these "educational channels" are investing in reality TV: Man vs ...
Lawdy, most of the shows I watch are guilty pleasures.

Big Brother, True Blood, Hannah Montana, Say Yes to the Dress, LA Ink, HUGE, yadda yadda.
08/19/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by Destri
My biggest guilty pleasure is True Blood. But I admit to watching Survivor, Hell's Kitchen, Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch and when we had those channels, I loved Project Runway. Who can resist Tim Gunn?
Mythbusters isn't a guilty pleasure!
08/19/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Annemarie
Lawdy, most of the shows I watch are guilty pleasures.

Big Brother, True Blood, Hannah Montana, Say Yes to the Dress, LA Ink, HUGE, yadda yadda.
Looooooooooove LA Ink. Pretty upset because only the 1st season is available on Netflix. I am so far behind
08/19/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
Looooooooooove LA Ink. Pretty upset because only the 1st season is available on Netflix. I am so far behind
I caught a couple random episodes that I think were pretty recent, and damn, I do not like her with that red hair.
08/19/2010
Lady Venus Lady Venus
True Blood, Desperate Housewives, Weeds, and now that LOST is over my life has no purpose
08/19/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
I caught a couple random episodes that I think were pretty recent, and damn, I do not like her with that red hair.
Haha, I think she looks like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. So, inner-6-year-old me looooves it
08/19/2010
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
Haha, I think she looks like Ariel from the Little Mermaid. So, inner-6-year-old me looooves it
I totally see it now! There were a couple shots where I was ok with it, but for the most part I was all 'oh, no sweetie, definitely no". My fiance laughed at me cuz every time a commercial came on with her red hair I said 'I still don't like the red on her', lol
08/19/2010
Envy Envy
I rarely watch TV, and mostly only to watch court shows sometimes, and when Hell's Kitchen is on.
08/21/2010
Kim! Kim!
I never used to watch any TV. Now I catch some things on Hulu.

I watch Cougar Town.
And I started watching Glee, and now the boyfriend has watched several episodes with me and likes it too.
08/21/2010
kck kck
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim!
I never used to watch any TV. Now I catch some things on Hulu.

I watch Cougar Town.
And I started watching Glee, and now the boyfriend has watched several episodes with me and likes it too.
Yay, Glee! Love it too
08/21/2010
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by kck
Looooooooooove LA Ink. Pretty upset because only the 1st season is available on Netflix. I am so far behind
I know! I've been wanting to watch all of them, but I can't catch up. So I kind of just watch it when I can.
08/21/2010
PassionQT PassionQT
We have Direct TV with a gazillion channels, (no movie channels though, we do netflix)and I seldom will watch anything since I hate commercials. I was over primetime shows a long time ago. By the time I have time to watch my favorites, Law&Order mostly, the season I missed is already on DVD or netflix.

I do enjoy some History Channel programs and some LOGO stuff on occasion.
08/21/2010
Fanny Fanny
I don't have a TV at my place, but when I'm around one, I can get sucked into pretty much anything!
08/29/2010
twistedheartsx twistedheartsx
Yes. I love watching Court Shows, The Steve Wilkos Show, then The Simpsons (all on the same channel, one right after another). Then at night at 10pm, I love to lay down and watch King of the Hill and Family Guy. And on saturdays I love watching Lockdown/Lockup. Total nerd, haha.
08/29/2010
Total posts: 144
Unique posters: 115