Anyone getting ill from this stock market roller coaster?

Anyone getting ill from this stock market roller coaster?

Bignuf Bignuf
Well our credit rating dropped. Doom and gloom was predicted. The bottom dropped out of the market yesterday. However, today, it was UP, UP!!!!! I know older folks rely on the market for their retirements, and middle age folks do for their investments, and future retirements. Younger folks...a lot of whom seem to be here, think it does not effect them, but the price of everything, and their ability to get jobs, depends on investors and business owners having long term confidence.

SO...anyone else getting "sea sick" from this UP and DOWN stock market???

It sure still worries me.
08/09/2011
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
Well our credit rating dropped. Doom and gloom was predicted. The bottom dropped out of the market yesterday. However, today, it was UP, UP!!!!! I know older folks rely on the market for their retirements, and middle age folks do for their ...
Yup! Rode it out in 2008 but have found other ways to invest my money. I don't trust the global market anymore.
08/10/2011
Ansley Ansley
@Angel, I knew you were wise!


Hubs has some blue chips, but we don't discuss them. I don't know how much he's lost or earned or even how many units he has or in what companies. All I know is he's had them for almost a quarter-century now. He was a little restless on Monday and was smiling a bit on Tuesday, but I don't think he actively thinks about it unless something like this is happening in the market.

I don't own any stocks, I've never been interested in the stock market. I really don't even understand why we have this system. Actually, economics in general floor me on a daily basis. It was never my strong suit--- I need absolutes not "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING, SELL BUY NO SELL NO BUY NO SELL" and don't even get me started on the oil market. Regardless of my personal opinion of Wall Street and other world markets, I do understand the impact it has on the world, our country and bank accounts.
08/10/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
@Angel, I knew you were wise!


Hubs has some blue chips, but we don't discuss them. I don't know how much he's lost or earned or even how many units he has or in what companies. All I know is he's had them for almost a ...
we lost so much in 2008! I worked in the financial world for about 10 years and everything that had happened and is happening was actually very predictable. Our financial practices in borrowing, lending and trade have been very irresponsible both domestically and globally. What is shocking is the rate at which our government thinks we can keep doing what we've always done and the results will somehow be different or better. I shake my head constantly......
08/10/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by AngelvMaynard
we lost so much in 2008! I worked in the financial world for about 10 years and everything that had happened and is happening was actually very predictable. Our financial practices in borrowing, lending and trade have been very irresponsible both ...
I had a friend who worked for Bear Sterns and she was more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I don't doubt that it was all very predictable. Human nature being what it is, how could this not have happened? Absolute power corrupts absolutely. People are always talking on and on about where the good people in politics are and who is protecting us up in Washington. What they don't seem to understand is that for every one good person fighting the good fight, there are twenty people standing on their back. I'm fairly certain that politicians do not deserve $100,000 salaries. When I watch CNN, I cringe as the camera pans the virtually empty room. It's no wonder why we are where we are. I just hope someone with a larger voice than mine can do something about it.

Last night, as I fell asleep, I was visualizing a gaggle of people lying in the park beneath the Washington monument. Each person would hold a posterboard with one word on it, forming a letter to our government telling them we aren't going to take it anymore. Since, ya know writing in individually to our congressmen does so much good! /sarcasm
08/10/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I had a friend who worked for Bear Sterns and she was more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I don't doubt that it was all very predictable. Human nature being what it is, how could this not have happened? Absolute ...
Was watching CNN earlier and there are rumblings, small mind you, of protest to the tune of Egypt and Yemen. I would totally get my ass out there and protest. Something eventually has to be done or we're doomed just as Rome was!
08/10/2011
married with children married with children
I have my money invested all over the place. I am not too worried about the recent drops in the market. I have almost 30 years before I retire. Things will either get better, or they will get worse. If they get worse, it wont matter where you have your money invested or how much gold you have.
08/11/2011
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 4