Bruising after bikini wax

Bruising after bikini wax

Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Hello,

I thought a way to rid myself of razor burn would be to wax. Unfortunately, after waxing I'm left with very red skin and multiple bruises.

Has anyone had this outcome from waxing?
Is there anything that can be done to ease the pain?
Any thoughts on how long this will last?

Thank you for your help and advice,
Lori
05/13/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ansley Ansley
It's very, very common, especially on the first time. It's recommended that you take an advil or a tylenol thirty minutes before your appointment and to rub some numbing cream onto the skin. This should help ease the pain, but the bruising should ease up in the next two or three days. You can speed up the process by applying cold compresses to the skin. I hope you feel better!
05/13/2012
Taylor Taylor
I've never had bruises from waxing and haven't heard about bruising happening before from any of my co-workers (I work at a spa). Doesn't mean it never happens, but I haven't heard about it. Redness is common especially for a few hours afterwards but should definitely be gone within a couple of days. Did you do the waxing yourself? What kind of wax did you use?
05/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
I've never had bruises from waxing and haven't heard about bruising happening before from any of my co-workers (I work at a spa). Doesn't mean it never happens, but I haven't heard about it. Redness is common especially for a few ...
Wouldn't that be like shooting yourself in the foot - if you told your co-workers that your clients were complaining of bruising?
05/13/2012
Allison.Wilder Allison.Wilder
I think it depends on the person. Some people bruise really easily. Maybe if you mentioned it to the person that did it, if you didn't do it yourself, they might have some suggestions?
05/13/2012
Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Thank you both so much for the replies! I tried to do this at home. In our very rural area I don't even know if there is a spa. I use a product from Wal-mart by Sally Hansen. It is called Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Kit.

Stormy, I wish the package insert would have given some of these hits to do prior to waxing. Cold does seem to help. My husband thinks I'm totally nuts now, but since we are out of ice, I just grabbed a bag of frozen peas.. Ahhh, it sooths.


I waxed at around 10 pm last night. The bruises popped up immediately after I removed a strip. Without wisdom, I continued to wax thinking that maybe the bruise was just something that happens and not a big deal. Another big mistake. Now I'm burised in most places. Also, latter all of the other area which was not bruised was very red. Not to mention, very painful. I thought this was mainly due to the course hair, but now I'm wondering if I hurt myself.

Walking last night was near to impossible. Today walking is a bit less painful. Unfortunately, I'm staying home while the family is at a BBQ celebrating our son's graduation. I wanted to go, but the pain is really too much. Plus how do you explain a bruised ___________ to all your family and friends. *smiles*
05/13/2012
Allison.Wilder Allison.Wilder
Almost any place that waxes eyebrows will do bikini waxes. I get mine done at a local nail salon.

Sorry, I don't have any advice. I hope the pain goes away soon!
05/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Thank you both so much for the replies! I tried to do this at home. In our very rural area I don't even know if there is a spa. I use a product from Wal-mart by Sally Hansen. It is called Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Kit.

Stormy, I ...
Oooh, yeah. Someone should have warned you that you shouldn't wax - at home or professionally - the day of or the day before a big event. I'm so sorry you're missing out on your son's graduation bbq.

I highly recommend someone running out and picking up a numbing creme for you. Anything with benzocaine in it should help. Then you might be able to go join the festivities. Wear a loose dress with no panties?
05/13/2012
Loriandhubby Loriandhubby
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Oooh, yeah. Someone should have warned you that you shouldn't wax - at home or professionally - the day of or the day before a big event. I'm so sorry you're missing out on your son's graduation bbq.

I highly recommend ...
Thank you so much Stormy. I'm going to call Hubby right now and have him find me some. I really want to go.

Definatly dress and no panties!

HUGS, Lori
05/13/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Thank you so much Stormy. I'm going to call Hubby right now and have him find me some. I really want to go.

Definatly dress and no panties!

HUGS, Lori
Good luck!!!
05/13/2012
Geogeo Geogeo
Geez, waxing just doesn't seem worth the trouble!
05/13/2012
Petite Valentine Petite Valentine
Quote:
Originally posted by Loriandhubby
Thank you both so much for the replies! I tried to do this at home. In our very rural area I don't even know if there is a spa. I use a product from Wal-mart by Sally Hansen. It is called Extra Strength All-Over Body Wax Kit.

Stormy, I ...
Did you apply pre-epilation (a.k.a. baby oil) prior to waxing?

If you have sensitive skin, skipping this step can mean the difference between tolerable pain and Spanish Inquisition-like torture. For what it's worth, I've waxed for years, and to this day I usually draw a tiny amount of blood at some point. I consider it a sacrifice to the gods for the sake of smooth armpits.
05/14/2012
RomanticGoth RomanticGoth
Eek! Sorry that happened, hon! Sounds terrible.

Hope you feel better soon.
05/14/2012
satinlady550 satinlady550
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
It's very, very common, especially on the first time. It's recommended that you take an advil or a tylenol thirty minutes before your appointment and to rub some numbing cream onto the skin. This should help ease the pain, but the bruising ...
Thanks for the advice..
09/21/2012
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 8