Gasoline car vs. Electric car by 2023?

Gasoline car vs. Electric car by 2023?

PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Exactly 10 years from now, do you think you will own a gasoline car or an all-electric car? An electric car is defined as a pure electric vehicle. A hybrid vehicle is defined as a combination of an internal combustion engine and one or more electric motors. A flexible-fuel vehicle (E85) will fall under the gasoline car definition.
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Gasoline car
Kitt Katt , Chelynn67 , Cindi025 , married with children , PassionateLover2 , SMichelle , Mr. E , jennifur77 , Bill220 , Gunsmoke
10  (36%)
Hybrid car
rihanne , sexxxkitten , hillys , gsfanatic , treehugger , GONE! , lilyflower , rosythorn , Lildrummrgurl7 , U3H , wicked48
11  (39%)
Electric car
LavenderSkies , spiced , Zandrock , KittiezToyz
4  (14%)
Other
"G" , The Vixen , RonLee
3  (11%)
Total votes: 28
Poll is closed
02/22/2013
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 2 FREE
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Save 80% on Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
LavenderSkies LavenderSkies
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionateLover2
Exactly 10 years from now, do you think you will own a gasoline car or an all-electric car? An electric car is defined as a pure electric vehicle. A hybrid vehicle is defined as a combination of an internal combustion engine and one or more electric ...
In 10 years, I'm sure I'll own an all electric car.
02/22/2013
rihanne rihanne
Quote:
Originally posted by PassionateLover2
Exactly 10 years from now, do you think you will own a gasoline car or an all-electric car? An electric car is defined as a pure electric vehicle. A hybrid vehicle is defined as a combination of an internal combustion engine and one or more electric ...
sticking with hybrid.
02/22/2013
sexxxkitten sexxxkitten
Hybrid
02/22/2013
"G" "G"
Most likely gasoline engines will decrease with an increase in diesel, hybrid and electric only vehicles, petroleum will not completely cease any time soon due to the shear amount of money in the industry
02/22/2013
table38792 table38792
Depends on the price, I'd like to have an electric but I think I'll probably end up with a used hybrid.
02/22/2013
The Vixen The Vixen
I'm excited about hydrogen powered cars.
Here's a CNN article about where hydrogen power is right now and where it's going:
link
02/23/2013
spiced spiced
Quote:
Originally posted by The Vixen
I'm excited about hydrogen powered cars.
Here's a CNN article about where hydrogen power is right now and where it's going:
link
I like it! Actually, a hydrogen car IS an electric car (from the article): "Also a type of electric vehicle, a fuel-cell car takes hydrogen gas and converts it into electricity, while emitting only water vapor."

A lot of people think a hydrogen fuel cell is a power source, but really it's an energy storage medium, similar to a battery, but with significant advantages over NiMH or Lithium-ion technology - longer range, quicker refueling, lower environmental impact during manufacturing. The main disadvantage is cost; the analyst's estimate in the article was that it costs $100K to build a fuel-cell car today. I hope by 2023, the costs will be similar to gasoline cars today.

Thanks VERY much for linking that article. I had no idea hydrogen fuel-cell cars would be available so soon.
02/23/2013
KittiezToyz KittiezToyz
Electric
02/23/2013
hillys hillys
I go on some really long car rides (8 hours) so I couldn't go all electric (takes most cars 24 hours or 8 to charge back up which isn't great if you are on a road trip), but a hybrid would be nice.
02/23/2013
gsfanatic gsfanatic
Probably a hybrid or electric car, depends on how much the tech has advanced by then
02/23/2013
PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by spiced
I like it! Actually, a hydrogen car IS an electric car (from the article): "Also a type of electric vehicle, a fuel-cell car takes hydrogen gas and converts it into electricity, while emitting only water vapor."

A lot of people think ...
Thanks for your information. YES, I do think that by 2023 the cost of a fuel-cell car will still be too costly! The GM Volt car is still too expensive today!
03/12/2013
jennifur77 jennifur77
I own a hybrid now, and love it.

What's hilarious is when people argue with me saying it's 100% electric. Don't they think I know if I plug my car in or not?
03/13/2013
PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by jennifur77
I own a hybrid now, and love it.

What's hilarious is when people argue with me saying it's 100% electric. Don't they think I know if I plug my car in or not?
I guess for many people, there is a certain amount of education that they need to have to truly understand the situation!
04/29/2013
GONE! GONE!
I'm hoping I'll at least have a hybrid by then if not something more environmentally friendly.
04/30/2013
rosythorn rosythorn
Geez, I am hoping they will all be hybrid by then!
04/30/2013
Taylor Taylor
I hope I will be able to afford an electric car by then, but we'll have to see how expensive they are then. But my car is only a few years old so I won't need to buy one for several years anyway
04/30/2013
Lildrummrgurl7 Lildrummrgurl7
Hopefully a hybrid by then.
04/30/2013
PassionateLover2 PassionateLover2
Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor
I hope I will be able to afford an electric car by then, but we'll have to see how expensive they are then. But my car is only a few years old so I won't need to buy one for several years anyway
They may still be too expensive even in 2023!
05/23/2013
RonLee RonLee
Hmmm let me see, kept one car for fifteen years, and it was still running fine but I was tired of it and gave it to my sister. My current ride is now seven years old but running fine, so it would be possible that in another ten years I may still have it. Oh it's gasoline fueled.
05/23/2013
alliegator alliegator
Possibly a hybrid.
05/23/2013
wicked48 wicked48
Hybrid
05/23/2013
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
Quote:
Originally posted by RonLee
Hmmm let me see, kept one car for fifteen years, and it was still running fine but I was tired of it and gave it to my sister. My current ride is now seven years old but running fine, so it would be possible that in another ten years I may still ...
I'm with you - it's just transportation, I drive them 'til they just will not go anymore. I have no desire for anything exotic - gasoline is fine for me.
05/24/2013
Total posts: 23
Unique posters: 20