Is anything ever really free in life?

Is anything ever really free in life?

Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
What is everyone's thought on this? While at work today I had a short conversation with someone about a free item that they could receive with the purchase of another item we are pushing right now. Suffice to say the conversation was about free things in life, to keep it short, he basically said nothing in life is free. While I get what he is saying to a certain degree, I would like to see what everyone here at EF has to say about this.

I guess one way I can look at it is; when I spend points on a purchase that makes it free, or a free assignment sponsored by EF, is it really free? While I personally am not paying out of pocket for the product, someone paid something for it somewhere along the road. The company who designed the product paid a manufacturer to create it. Perhaps the manufacturer purchased the raw materials in order to make it. Then there is the cost of the finished product, and to have it shipped. Also the cost to have it shipped to my home address. Ok so you see where I am going with this, apply this to other things in life, computers, cars etc etc.

Can you think of anything in life that is truly free? This is probably a random subject but like I said I am curious to see what the responses are.
01/05/2012
  • Get 3 Toys For 60% Off
  • Save 85% On Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • Save 70% On Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Chilipepper Chilipepper
Air ...

... so far.
01/05/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by Chilipepper
Air ...

... so far.
Oh give it time I'm sure someone will find a way to charge us for that
01/05/2012
Moein Moein
Nature is free, you enjoy the view for free. Ice at winter is free, you enjoy playing with. Sea is a free, you enjoy swimming -in many places- for free. Love is free, that chemistry and wonderful feeling between you and lover at first seen is a free.
I mean there are many things are not material to buy, but makes you happy for long time without paying a cent.
01/05/2012
T&A1987 T&A1987
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
Oh give it time I'm sure someone will find a way to charge us for that
taxes and reduced productivity to ensure that the quality of air remains satisfactory to the public.
01/05/2012
js250 js250
Hugs, kisses and cuddles. Love!!! Or hate. Emotions.
01/05/2012
MrWishyWashy MrWishyWashy
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
What is everyone's thought on this? While at work today I had a short conversation with someone about a free item that they could receive with the purchase of another item we are pushing right now. Suffice to say the conversation was about free ...
Toys here!!!
01/06/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWishyWashy
Toys here!!!
They are free for us in some cases, but Eden Fantasy's had to spend money to get them
01/06/2012
Ghost Ghost
Quote:
Originally posted by Moein
Nature is free, you enjoy the view for free. Ice at winter is free, you enjoy playing with. Sea is a free, you enjoy swimming -in many places- for free. Love is free, that chemistry and wonderful feeling between you and lover at first seen is a free. ...
I would beg to differ that nature is free. If you see any part of nature that is "undamaged" (and hardly anything is really undamaged, but that's a whole other thing), it's because someone is paying to protect it.
01/06/2012
ijako9 ijako9
I think there are free things but since society has kinda implanted in everyone's mind that when someone does something for you, you than owe them something in return it makes it a lot harder for us to accept it
01/06/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by ijako9
I think there are free things but since society has kinda implanted in everyone's mind that when someone does something for you, you than owe them something in return it makes it a lot harder for us to accept it
Good point! What happened to just helping someone do something without expecting or asking for payment? Society is a big factor in the whole "nothing is free". This may sound nerdy, but I wish we could have a society where there is no currency just as you see in the Star Trek story line.

Overall the customer I talked to the other day about this seemed very serious about the whole subject so I did what I could to end the conversation. Sound's bad but I had other people to help in the store.
01/06/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by T&A1987
taxes and reduced productivity to ensure that the quality of air remains satisfactory to the public.
Haha this is very true!
01/06/2012
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 8