Do you live in one of these cities? Help plan my vacation please!!

Do you live in one of these cities? Help plan my vacation please!!

hjtee hjtee
Later this month, and early next month, my husband and I will be travelling to a few cities in the USA. We're looking for things to do.
If you live in one of the following cities, please vote for it, and then list the things you think we should do/see in your city.
Thank you!
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Seattle, WA
funluvinmama , deltalima
2  (29%)
Olympia, WA
Portland, OR
brevado
1  (14%)
Minneapolis, MN
Chicago, IL
Isola
1  (14%)
Omaha, NE
Lincoln, NE
Denver, CO
travelnurse , amazon , Lioncub
3  (43%)
Total votes: 7
Poll is closed
09/05/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
funluvinmama funluvinmama
There is the space needle with its restaurant. the ferry, the nave ship turner joy. We also took duck tours and saw the city. Do research, I found a lot of stuff to do for hubby and my 10 year anniversary.

I live south of portland OR and I would go to seattle becausse there is more to do there.
09/05/2012
hjtee hjtee
Quote:
Originally posted by funluvinmama
There is the space needle with its restaurant. the ferry, the nave ship turner joy. We also took duck tours and saw the city. Do research, I found a lot of stuff to do for hubby and my 10 year anniversary.

I live south of portland OR and I ...
We're going to all the cities listed (plus a few others). Thanks for your suggestions!
09/05/2012
travelnurse travelnurse
I used to live in Denver. Go eat at the Fort. It is up highway 285 south of Denver as you are driving into the mountains it is on the right side it is slightly spendy but oh so worth it. Awesome food. Several years ago the summit of 8 came to Denver and they took them there.

A friend of mine owns the Northwoods Inn which is off of south Sante Fe. It looks like a huge log cabin. The food rocks. They only have waiters no waitresses, With every meal you get a small salad that they even put a few kidney beans on, a small bowel of cottage cheese that has some spices in it. They bring you a caldron of soup and every soup they have rocks and then some great huge steaks, fish, and other varieties. You also get a little loaf of bread. They aren't that expensive but "Mom" as we call the owner does absolutely great!!
09/05/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by travelnurse
I used to live in Denver. Go eat at the Fort. It is up highway 285 south of Denver as you are driving into the mountains it is on the right side it is slightly spendy but oh so worth it. Awesome food. Several years ago the summit of 8 came to ...
Estes Park, Colorado is a great place to visit also!
09/05/2012
travelnurse travelnurse
Quote:
Originally posted by Rossie
Estes Park, Colorado is a great place to visit also!
That is where the stanley hotel is at that they shot the shinning. Get little museum in the basement of it, and they have the hedge maze. Have to get there before too much snow flies though they close for the season after the fall.
09/05/2012
brevado brevado
Portland - Downtown (brew pubs, rivers, scenery), and don't miss the Saturday Market (all weekend)
09/05/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by brevado
Portland - Downtown (brew pubs, rivers, scenery), and don't miss the Saturday Market (all weekend)
Might as well visit the Multnomah Falls.
09/05/2012
deltalima deltalima
Quote:
Originally posted by hjtee
Later this month, and early next month, my husband and I will be travelling to a few cities in the USA. We're looking for things to do.
If you live in one of the following cities, please vote for it, and then list the things you think we ...
Seattle recently opened an observation wheel, kind of like the London Eye. That might be fun to check out. The music scene here is quite interesting as well.
09/05/2012
Lioncub Lioncub
Denver has a great zoo and aquarium. Not sure what you're really looking to do.
09/05/2012
icelandia icelandia
Denver is pretty cool. So is Chicago. More to do in Chicago though!
09/05/2012
funluvinmama funluvinmama
Quote:
Originally posted by hjtee
We're going to all the cities listed (plus a few others). Thanks for your suggestions!
Well then Portland has guided tours of the underground city below portland.
09/07/2012
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 8