What's Your Favorite Moon?

What's Your Favorite Moon?

Septimus Septimus
I think mine is Io, one of Jupiter's Galilean moons. With Iapetus a close second.
What's yours?
04/13/2013
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Septimus
I think mine is Io, one of Jupiter's Galilean moons. With Iapetus a close second.
What's yours?
Arthur C Clarke got me into Io; there are so many interesting concepts involving it in his works! I also like Titan because it's so similar to Earth. I also like Luna, our moon, but I may be biased.
04/13/2013
Septimus Septimus
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Arthur C Clarke got me into Io; there are so many interesting concepts involving it in his works! I also like Titan because it's so similar to Earth. I also like Luna, our moon, but I may be biased.
I'm actually reading 2001 right now, that's what prompted the question :o)
04/13/2013
spiced spiced
Maybe I'm boring: I like OUR Moon best. Maybe because I'm a Moon child?
04/14/2013
GONE! GONE!
Quote:
Originally posted by spiced
Maybe I'm boring: I like OUR Moon best. Maybe because I'm a Moon child?
Me too. Especially when it's full and golden. It's comforting to me.
04/14/2013
js250 js250
Quote:
Originally posted by GONE!
Me too. Especially when it's full and golden. It's comforting to me.
Me too--too comforting and pretty!
04/14/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Septimus
I think mine is Io, one of Jupiter's Galilean moons. With Iapetus a close second.
What's yours?
Europa. It is where we will find "other" life in our universe. Interestingly the movie 2012 was predictive of this. We will find the seas of Europa teeming with life.
04/14/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by spiced
Maybe I'm boring: I like OUR Moon best. Maybe because I'm a Moon child?
May seem odd, but even the men who have walked there want to go elsewhere (ie MARS) rather then back to the moon as the space program was going to do before it was evaporated. They say the moon is amazing, but still just "magnificent desolation".
04/14/2013
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by Septimus
I'm actually reading 2001 right now, that's what prompted the question :o)
Watch 2012 (the movie).
04/14/2013
Sammi Sammi
I like our moon, especially when it hangs low and looks so large. I do like Mars' moons, too (Deimos and Phobos) - and so appropriately named
04/14/2013
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 7