Would you vote for an active pornstar who was running for public office?

Would you vote for an active pornstar who was running for public office?

Gary Gary
I was just reading this article about how Stormy Daniels has decide not to run for the Louisiana Senate. What do you think? Would this affect your vote?
04/15/2010
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
El-Jaro El-Jaro
I think they should run...just like anyone else. If someone brings up the porn star stuff they should just give them a blank stare. I think the worst mistake they would make would be underestimating the adult performer turned politician.
04/15/2010
Miss Cinnamon Miss Cinnamon
If they can argue that they are the best candidate for the job, they'll get my vote. I would be concerned, however, about an active pornstar running for president, since the president represents the United States of America. I'm not sure the rest of the world is ready to respect a porn star president--and, by extension, the nation that president represents--so the whole "reputation/clout" thing would affect my vote. That's the same for anyone else who runs for President, though. Do I want to be affiliated with this person whenever I travel out of the country? Do I feel this person is capable of carrying out presidential duties? Things like that.
04/15/2010
Gardenvy Gardenvy
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
If they can argue that they are the best candidate for the job, they'll get my vote. I would be concerned, however, about an active pornstar running for president, since the president represents the United States of America. I'm not sure the ...
I must agree. Remember, California voted for the Terminator..
04/15/2010
Sir Sir
Voting someone in has nothing to do with their profession. If they are fit for the role, and they stand for what I stand for, then what does it matter if they were once, or still are, a porn star?
04/15/2010
Tuesday Tuesday
The porn star Mary Carey tossed her hat into the ring during Grey Davis' recall election. Her campaign wasn't taken seriously. But why would it be. She dressed like a porn star during her campaign appearances.

She lost to the Terminator. He's not turning my fair state's situation around, but then we seem to be ungovernable.
04/15/2010
Alan & Michele Alan & Michele
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
Voting someone in has nothing to do with their profession. If they are fit for the role, and they stand for what I stand for, then what does it matter if they were once, or still are, a porn star?
Well said, and agreed with.
04/15/2010
Sammi Sammi
Quote:
Originally posted by Gardenvy
I must agree. Remember, California voted for the Terminator..
Aw, I love the Governator I even bought a T-shirt with that on it last time we were in California.

I don't think it would affect my voting for them if they were a porn star. If I thought their ideas were bad, I wouldn't vote for them, but if I agreed with them and thought they could accomplish something in office, I would.
04/15/2010
GNGenie GNGenie
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
If they can argue that they are the best candidate for the job, they'll get my vote. I would be concerned, however, about an active pornstar running for president, since the president represents the United States of America. I'm not sure the ...
Ditto Miss Cinnamon. I vote for their political self, not their home/work self.
04/16/2010
Victoria Victoria
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Cinnamon
If they can argue that they are the best candidate for the job, they'll get my vote. I would be concerned, however, about an active pornstar running for president, since the president represents the United States of America. I'm not sure the ...
I pretty much agree. I think CAPABILITY matters most, but we do have to remember the world in which we live. Conservative people in our own country would likely have major issues, as would many leaders and people of countries around the world that we must work with in some manner.

Image often means more to people than actual ability, intelligence, judiciousness etc. Sad but true.
04/16/2010
Sir Sir
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
I pretty much agree. I think CAPABILITY matters most, but we do have to remember the world in which we live. Conservative people in our own country would likely have major issues, as would many leaders and people of countries around the world that we ...
You're right, it is sad.
04/16/2010
Gary Gary
It just goes to show that politics is even getting to the point where you need to have a gimmick!
04/16/2010
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 10