I could lose my account... I'm worried.

I could lose my account... I'm worried.

Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Hello!

Hi, I'm currently living with roommates, Two of which opended Eden accounts. I don't know what happened with the accounts. I don't know what they were doing. I got an email saying my account could be band because of what they were doing. I was out of town the past 4 days for my birthday. I come home to that email. I'm worried. I've been with Eden for sometime and put in ALOT of work. I don't want to lose my account because of someone elses mistakes.

What do I do?
07/29/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
Hello!

Hi, I'm currently living with roommates, Two of which opended Eden accounts. I don't know what happened with the accounts. I don't know what they were doing. I got an email saying my account could be band because of what ...
Did you contact the administrators to let them know your situation? Thats where I would start. I'd then lock down my computer and change my password so they cannot access your account any longer.
07/29/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by AngelvMaynard
Did you contact the administrators to let them know your situation? Thats where I would start. I'd then lock down my computer and change my password so they cannot access your account any longer.
I think the problem is the system recognizes the shared IP address and the other two accounts are the problem. But, to the admins it looks like it's her, not her roommates. Her roommates probably also received emails warning of the ban-hammer.
07/29/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I think the problem is the system recognizes the shared IP address and the other two accounts are the problem. But, to the admins it looks like it's her, not her roommates. Her roommates probably also received emails warning of the ban-hammer.
Makes sense. I don't share my computers with anyone for that reason. I get nervous when people ask to borrow them at my house! I hope she gets it worked out.
07/29/2011
Sex'и'Violence Sex'и'Violence
I'd def. talk to the admin if you haven't already. IP bans can be a pain in the ass. If you want to prevent this problem in the future I'd recommend using a proxy when you're online. That or talk to your ISP about getting a dynamic IP instead of a static one.
07/29/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
How do I contact an administrator?
07/29/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
How do I contact an administrator?
Email Kristi (kristi@ edenfantasys.com) to explain your situation and get more information.
07/29/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
I did email her. I hope everything works out. I'll be heartborken if I lost my account.
07/29/2011
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
I did email her. I hope everything works out. I'll be heartborken if I lost my account.
More than likely the problem will be worked out. Kristi is a great person and ery easy to talk to.
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by Sex'и'Violence
I'd def. talk to the admin if you haven't already. IP bans can be a pain in the ass. If you want to prevent this problem in the future I'd recommend using a proxy when you're online. That or talk to your ISP about getting a dynamic IP ...
I can't make many changes to the internet because it is not in my name. I knew something was going to happen. How do I set up a proxy?
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
More than likely the problem will be worked out. Kristi is a great person and ery easy to talk to.
I really hope so. I've never once had a problem with EF! I respect all the rules. I've done alot of reviews, and have gotten really good. I would hate for all that to be for nothing. I could fully understand if it was something I was doing. But, It was not. I would'nt risk losing my account. I've NEVER came across a site like this. I've also made alot of friends on this site.
07/30/2011
bayosgirl bayosgirl
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
I really hope so. I've never once had a problem with EF! I respect all the rules. I've done alot of reviews, and have gotten really good. I would hate for all that to be for nothing. I could fully understand if it was something I was doing. ...
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get straightened out. They wouldn't delete your account without giving you a chance to explain. And you said you sent the email, so... just wait, and everything will be fine.
07/30/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
I'm sorry about your situation, but don't worry about it. As you probably know, EF is very understanding and you've been here a while. It will all work out
07/30/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
I can't make many changes to the internet because it is not in my name. I knew something was going to happen. How do I set up a proxy?
Your other thread said you were moving soon I think right? Can you use your boyfriend's internet until then?
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Your other thread said you were moving soon I think right? Can you use your boyfriend's internet until then?
Yes we are moving. He currently lives with us also, We are renting the live-in basement for the time being. I told them how they runined me, they kept saying sorry. but they won't tell me what they did to even cause anyone to look at their pages. They deleted everything that is attached to the accounts, with the hopes that it helps. But, I don't know. Now it's just a waiting game till I get a reply. I know they couldn't log on because their account are locked, and it tells them to call some number. I'm hoping that is a good sign for me! Mines has not been locked.

(Knock on wood! Don't wanna jinx it.)
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by bayosgirl
Don't worry, I'm sure it'll get straightened out. They wouldn't delete your account without giving you a chance to explain. And you said you sent the email, so... just wait, and everything will be fine.
I hope really hope so! The email I got was not really addressed to me. It almost seemed like it was sent to me because I knew them. I was thinking of posting the letter in my past. I just haven't because I was unsure if I could.
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Quote:
Originally posted by KinkyKrissy
I'm sorry about your situation, but don't worry about it. As you probably know, EF is very understanding and you've been here a while. It will all work out
Thank you so much for posting. I also think it will workout, I pray that it does.
07/30/2011
cherryredhead88 cherryredhead88
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
I really hope so. I've never once had a problem with EF! I respect all the rules. I've done alot of reviews, and have gotten really good. I would hate for all that to be for nothing. I could fully understand if it was something I was doing. ...
Don't worry, if you haven't done anything you should be ok. If you were to do something (not saying you did) Eden would figure it out eventually anyways.

I would talk to your room mates and make sure they aren't point farming or plagiarizing because that will get your IP address banned completely (that I know of).


HOWEVER, Eden is pretty good with things like this and I am pretty sure they will be willing to work with you before you get banned. There are a lot of other measures that can be taken. Good luck and I hope it all works out! I enjoy your reviews
07/30/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
I hope really hope so! The email I got was not really addressed to me. It almost seemed like it was sent to me because I knew them. I was thinking of posting the letter in my past. I just haven't because I was unsure if I could.
I would strongly advise against posting that letter lol.

I'd say just try and relax for the rest of the weekend and Kristi will get back to you early next week. She's a very busy woman, but she does care about the community
07/30/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
Okay I'm not! A friend of mine just came by and changes my IP address for me. Would that help any? Now my computer is running from a different address then they are. He said they still have the same address but I no longer do. We changed the password on my computer and he set up my fingerprint scanner. It seems like extreme steps but I'm NOT losing my account lol.
07/30/2011
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
In the past I had been accused of doing EF stuff I didn't do too. Mistakes happen and computer programs aren't perfect. Yea, it's bull, but in the end, you know what you are doing and are not doing, and that's all that matters. Thanks for all the work you have put into EF recently! I'd wait it out, and I'm sure it'll all get sorted out.
07/31/2011
gone77 gone77
Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Anonymous
Hello!

Hi, I'm currently living with roommates, Two of which opended Eden accounts. I don't know what happened with the accounts. I don't know what they were doing. I got an email saying my account could be band because of what ...
Hello, Vanessa!

I have replied to your reply of my initial e-mail. I explained why you were contacted and where the issues lie.

Have a good Sunday.
07/31/2011
deletedacct deletedacct
I hope everything gets sorted out, i'd hate to see you go
07/31/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
oh no! you're one of my favorite reviewers; i hope it gets sorted out.
08/01/2011
M121212 M121212
Good luck, Miss Nessa
08/01/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
I think the problem is the system recognizes the shared IP address and the other two accounts are the problem. But, to the admins it looks like it's her, not her roommates. Her roommates probably also received emails warning of the ban-hammer.
Well that's kinda got me worried, cause I live with family and so we all have the same IP address.
My mum and I both have an account each, but she sends her points to me for items she wants when I place an order cause of the cost of shipping overseas.

If the system automatically picks up on the IP then it could think that one of us owns both which isn't the case.

As long as mum doesn't go around causing issue , then hopefully my account is safe.


I hope you're able to get it sorted out. Wouldn't be fair if they are causing trouble and comes back on you!
08/01/2011
gone77 gone77
Hey, guys:

Miss Nessa isn't going anywhere. Things do get tricky when there are more than one account with the same IP, specifically when abuses are occurring from one of the accounts. We've had many instances where people were creating multiple accounts and abusing the system and the IP address plays a pivotal role in discovering the connection between these accounts. You might be surprised just how often this happens.

Ideally, there should be only one account per IP address, but we understand that this is not always feasible. As long as any and all associated accounts are on the up and up, you have nothing to worry about. We will and do work with people who are caught in the middle of a situation where someone with the same IP is abusing the system, though these situations are rare.

Please don't worry about your account unless, you know, you're being a naughty contributor. And not in a fun way!

Cheers to you all and I hope you have a good week.
08/01/2011
Miss Anonymous Miss Anonymous
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

I wish you could end a post..... So no one can comment on it.
08/01/2011
Total posts: 28
Unique posters: 15