Responding to questions in comments

Responding to questions in comments

RedHotHippieChick RedHotHippieChick
What's the best way to respond to questions left in my comments? Do you leave a response as a comment on your own profile, or respond to the one who left the question by email?
12/05/2008
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Nashville Nashville
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHotHippieChick
What's the best way to respond to questions left in my comments? Do you leave a response as a comment on your own profile, or respond to the one who left the question by email?
I think I just type out my answers wherever the questions were asked.
12/05/2008
Miss Jane Miss Jane
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashville
I think I just type out my answers wherever the questions were asked.
Yeah that's what I do
12/05/2008
Betty Rocket Betty Rocket
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHotHippieChick
What's the best way to respond to questions left in my comments? Do you leave a response as a comment on your own profile, or respond to the one who left the question by email?
Typing another comment in response is the best solution, that way anyone else with the same concern will have their answer readily available....
12/05/2008
Epiphora Epiphora
I really think nested comments would be useful.
12/06/2008
Wordplay123 Wordplay123
Being able to reply directly to a particular comment would be neat as well.
12/29/2008
Dragon Dragon
If for some reason it's been awhile, then I type the comment but also send the person a message. I'm thinking of one comment where I was sick for a bit and ignored it.
12/29/2008
Rockin' Rockin'
For people who read a lot of reviews and comment frequently, a message to them is probably nice so that they don't have to keep coming back to look for an answer. I can't tell whether someone is going to check back, so I'd just send them a message or write on their profile that I'd responded. When I first started, Lauren did that for me and it seemed both helpful and polite. It also increases communication between reviewers, which is good.
04/09/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
For people who read a lot of reviews and comment frequently, a message to them is probably nice so that they don't have to keep coming back to look for an answer. I can't tell whether someone is going to check back, so I'd just send them ...
I understand your line of thinking but I ask a lot of comments not because I personally care but to get clarification. Thus responding on the review or forum or whatever I asked is fine. After all, if I am really concerned about the answer, I will set the alert.
04/09/2009
Rockin' Rockin'
Quote:
Originally posted by Adriana Ravenlust
I understand your line of thinking but I ask a lot of comments not because I personally care but to get clarification. Thus responding on the review or forum or whatever I asked is fine. After all, if I am really concerned about the answer, I will ...
I didn't realize we had alerts for review comments, thanks for letting me know.
04/09/2009
Luscious Lily Luscious Lily
Quote:
Originally posted by Rockin'
I didn't realize we had alerts for review comments, thanks for letting me know.
Having alerts for review comments is great! It makes it so much easier to keep track of things.

Personally, I respond to questions in comments with another comment. I agree with Epiphora, nested comments would make some of the longer strings of comments easier to follow.
04/09/2009
Sammi Sammi
Nested comments would be great - I know sometimes I'm responding to one, and when I post there's another one there.
I usually set alerts as well.
04/09/2009
That Guy That Guy
I'm so glad this was here. I've been wondering about this for days.
01/12/2011
Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashville
I think I just type out my answers wherever the questions were asked.
I'm the same.
01/13/2011
markeagleone markeagleone
Quote:
Originally posted by Nashville
I think I just type out my answers wherever the questions were asked.
That is what I do as well.
01/18/2011
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 14