Is it safe to sleep with an anal toy inside of you?

Contributor: That Guy That Guy
Related to: 
I just read Ward's review of the Aneros Eupho in which he suggested that he sleeps with the toy inside of him. Has anyone else done this with an anal toy? Is this safe? That sounds like it could lead to some kind of disaster, but I guess I can't think of what it might be.
01/11/2011
  • Save Extra 30% On Bestsellers
  • Give her 3 luxury treats for $60 only
  • Get a luxury couple's set for $60 only
  • Mix and match 3 men toys for $60 only
  • Save 85% On Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Contributor: Annemarie Annemarie
I figure that if it has a very, very sturdy flared base, then why not?
01/11/2011
Contributor: rdytogo rdytogo
Quote:
Originally posted by Annemarie
I figure that if it has a very, very sturdy flared base, then why not?
I'm agree with this although I could be wrong too.
01/11/2011
Contributor: Shellz31 Shellz31
Well people wear them throughout the day, so why not.
01/11/2011
Contributor: Kindred Kindred
I might be concerned that the lube would dry out making removal difficult.
01/11/2011
Contributor: liilii080 liilii080
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
I might be concerned that the lube would dry out making removal difficult.
I second that. And if you're sleeping, you're not in a conscious state to feel or determine if something isn't right. I tend to be overcautious so if it was me, I wouldn't.
01/11/2011
Contributor: Shellz31 Shellz31
Hmmm, that's very true. I didn't think of the lube being absorbed - wouldn't be too pleasant pulling the toy out dry.
Nor about not feeling it if something isn't quite right cause ya asleep.

Good points!

I know I wouldn't like to have my ass stretched that long. But I do sometimes sleep with an average size dildo inserted vaginally. Little different to anally though.
01/11/2011
Contributor: Jobthingy Jobthingy
I really don't know. good question though. I third what Kindred said about the lube but otherwise I don't think it could do that much. Not one that slim at least.
01/11/2011
Contributor: ToyTimeTim ToyTimeTim
Never tried it, but it could be fun. With the Aneros, you can use a silicone lube so I do not think there would be a problem. Just make sure lo use plenty of lube.

As far as water based, ya it will dry up and it is NOT fun taking a plug out dry. For me it was with Probe Thick and Rich lube and my Severin, one of the only times I have experienced pain with butt play.

Can it be said enough. LUBE LUBE!
01/11/2011
Contributor: ~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
I would never do this. To me, I can think of all sorts of ways this might lead to embarrassing consequences. For one, plugs relax the muscles and when you are sleeping, your sphincter muscles are what are keeping your ah hem...stuff in there. I don't think there is something that wakes us up like a full bladder... idk... it just seems like a bad idea to me.
01/11/2011
Contributor: ScottA ScottA
I'd be careful with something stiff having a big, projecting base if you are a "mover" while you sleep - if you fall out of bed and land on it things could be bad. Other than that, why not? Dried out lube can be uncomfortable, but is unlikely to be dangerous for removal (and using silicone or oil lube will prevent that). What Lauren brings up isn't really as big an issue as it sounds like for two reasons: If the plug stays in well then the anus will just seal around the plug, and during sleep things such as intestinal movement slow down, so you're unlikely to have a BM while asleep anyway.
01/11/2011
Contributor: Liz2 Liz2
I do wear anal plugs sometimes during the day and I have fallen asleep at night with a plug in place. Over time, the lube drys out and the plug becomes uncomfortable so I wake up and remove it. I don't see it as dangerous but uncomfortable.
01/11/2011
Contributor: firekitten firekitten
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottA
I'd be careful with something stiff having a big, projecting base if you are a "mover" while you sleep - if you fall out of bed and land on it things could be bad. Other than that, why not? Dried out lube can be uncomfortable, but is ...
This is what I was thinking. Having a projecting bit of hard glass or other material and rolling around....I wouldn't think you'd get much comfortable sleep.
01/11/2011
Contributor: M121212 M121212
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz2
I do wear anal plugs sometimes during the day and I have fallen asleep at night with a plug in place. Over time, the lube drys out and the plug becomes uncomfortable so I wake up and remove it. I don't see it as dangerous but uncomfortable.
Yes. This is similar to my experience. The times when I have fallen asleep with one in, at some point in the early morning (perhaps when drifting in that half-awake state between one dream and the next), I've felt the plug and wanted to take it out because it wasn't making me happy being in there anymore.

I mean, use your good judgment. If it's a good quality plug (wide base, safe material), it should be fine. But if you don't feel comfortable doing it, or if you don't get a "kick" out of the idea, just don't do it.
01/12/2011
Contributor: That Guy That Guy
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I would never do this. To me, I can think of all sorts of ways this might lead to embarrassing consequences. For one, plugs relax the muscles and when you are sleeping, your sphincter muscles are what are keeping your ah hem...stuff in there. I ...
I'm with you on this one. I rarely sleep alone, and I would pay dearly for any such accident. Not to mention if I moved and broke the base off or something. I'm no prude, but I really don't want to show up in the hospital with something stuck up my rectum.
01/14/2011
Contributor: YouPutThatWhere? YouPutThatWhere?
I'm giggling as I read most of these because I sleep with a plug almost every night (since Sept. 2010). Because of my schedule, it's more convenient for me to just leave it in when I go to bed. It's all about having a safe and comfortable base. On rare occasions that I'm trying to work-up to a newer and bigger plug, I'll sleep with a plug with a 7/8" neck diameter. 98% of the time the neck is only 1/2 inch. I've never "lost the seal" and shit myself. I've never shit in my sleep anyway. I wouldn't even TRY to sleep with one that I even THOUGHT might get lost inside.

I only use water based lube like Astro Gel or Liquid Silk. But I usually use a steel, glass, or ceramic plug so there aren't friction issues. Sometimes I use the Gel for insertion, clean off, and then put a little Liquid Silk around the base because it doesn't get sticky.

The ONLY issue I have had is gas pressure. I have learned that curved plugs (like Njoy) are easier for dealing with this. Tilting my pelvis and putting pressure at the rear of the handle does the trick and keeps the plug in. BUT, it's IMPOSSIBLE to fart silently with a plug!

Long term wear is my thing. It's my hometown in the sex toy world. It is what brought me into the Eden Community and it is my only contribution to it. For now.
01/15/2011
Contributor: YouPutThatWhere? YouPutThatWhere?
Oh, since this is an Aneros related forum, I have slept with the MGX and DO NOT recommend it for extended use. It also has a narrow disk that massages the perenium. THAT is what was uncomfortable to me. Some of the ones that use a ball should work, but I'm spoiled with my Njoy and threw-out my Aneros.
01/15/2011
Contributor: Shellz31 Shellz31
Quote:
Originally posted by YouPutThatWhere?
I'm giggling as I read most of these because I sleep with a plug almost every night (since Sept. 2010). Because of my schedule, it's more convenient for me to just leave it in when I go to bed. It's all about having a safe and ...
LMAO @ the farting!
01/15/2011
Contributor: Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I would never do this. To me, I can think of all sorts of ways this might lead to embarrassing consequences. For one, plugs relax the muscles and when you are sleeping, your sphincter muscles are what are keeping your ah hem...stuff in there. I ...
It's doubtful you would pass waste in your sleep due to relaxed muscles. In sleep your body should react to the plug as though it were a bowel movement and clench around it and also since the bowel slows at night it shouldn't really be a problem. I would be worried about cramping if it were my bowel but then mine has other issues unrelated to typical anal play.
Perhaps trying it out with a short nap first might give a better idea of the feasibility for you?
01/15/2011
Contributor: Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by YouPutThatWhere?
I'm giggling as I read most of these because I sleep with a plug almost every night (since Sept. 2010). Because of my schedule, it's more convenient for me to just leave it in when I go to bed. It's all about having a safe and ...
It has tips on safe play, annecdotal evidence of safe overnight usage of an anal toy and farting....yup it's an amazing contribution! Welcome to EF and I look forward to reading more.
01/15/2011
Contributor: ~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
It's doubtful you would pass waste in your sleep due to relaxed muscles. In sleep your body should react to the plug as though it were a bowel movement and clench around it and also since the bowel slows at night it shouldn't really be a ...
Doubtful and "should" are not enough reassurance for me. Anything can happen and with my luck...it would! lol

Plus I don't see the appeal. I'm not awake to enjoy it.
01/15/2011
Contributor: ~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
Quote:
Originally posted by That Guy
I'm with you on this one. I rarely sleep alone, and I would pay dearly for any such accident. Not to mention if I moved and broke the base off or something. I'm no prude, but I really don't want to show up in the hospital with something ...
Yea not cool lol. If it can go wrong...it will.
01/15/2011
Contributor: IndependentlyHappy IndependentlyHappy
This honestly would never have occurred to me. Granted plugs ARE intended for long-term wear...but it's tough to picture myself testing this since I tend to toss and turn a lot. I'd probably wake up with the plug on the floor beside the bed or possibly somewhere weirder.

I don't really know if the plug would cause you to have a bowel movement in your sleep, but I'd rather not find out firsthand.
01/16/2011
Contributor: Hayual Hayual
Quote:
Originally posted by That Guy
I just read Ward's review of the Aneros Eupho in which he suggested that he sleeps with the toy inside of him. Has anyone else done this with an anal toy? Is this safe? That sounds like it could lead to some kind of disaster, but I guess I ...
I've tried this before- more than anything it gets uncomfortable. Also, again, in my experience, if you use the Aneros very frequently for long sessions, you might experience a "bruised" sensation on your prostate- making it uncomfortable to sit and in general feeling a constant throbbing for several days. I don't know the medical implications of this, but that doesn't sound like a good symptom.
06/09/2011
Contributor: AvgJon AvgJon
I sleep like a puppy with my Njoy Pure Plug large.
No, you will never have an "accident" with one of these..
06/09/2011
Contributor: Diabolical Kitty Diabolical Kitty
As long as the base is flared enough you should be fine sleeping with it in. Enough water based lube (which you will absorb) and it should be ok with it coming out in the morning. If you have absorbed all the lube just add some more around your asshole and you should be fine, just a little tugging but no tearing will happen.
10/10/2011
Contributor: J5ive J5ive
I have done it many times it is safe
05/16/2012
Contributor: J5ive J5ive
also use plenty of lube
05/16/2012
Contributor: Why Not? Why Not?
I've done it with smaller plugs on occasion and loved it. Sure, add extra lube and be certain that the plug has a good base.

It is so fun to wake up in the middle of the night forgetting that it is there and then slowly realizing that your ass is stuffed and ready for some half dazed late night action. Fun!
05/21/2012
Contributor: john22carter22 john22carter22
i see it shall be fine to do that just say like if you were to get your blood done your on an I.V. so you take that tube and put it up with the butt plug fill it with lube and every hour lube shall go through to keep the butt plug with lube from drying out so in the morning it shall slip out easily just because you kept lubing your anus
08/20/2012