Newbie Needing Advice on Dildo For Harness

Newbie Needing Advice on Dildo For Harness

JulesRhyn JulesRhyn
Hi all

My girlfriend and I are thinking of buying the SpareParts Joque Harness. Looks good, from everything I've seen and read. It'll technically be our second strap on.

The first was a major bust. It wouldn't tighten properly, wouldn't hold the dildo against the body (it just flopped) and dug in everywhere. It didn't get used much. So really, we're newbies when it comes to this.

Which brings me to my question. What dildo would you suggest for beginners with the Joque harness? I think we'd prefer something flexible instead of ridged and also something under the $30 mark.

I did a search for 'dildo o ring' and it came up with 181 results. Yikes!

Thanks all!
~Jules
12/01/2012
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by JulesRhyn
Hi all

My girlfriend and I are thinking of buying the SpareParts Joque Harness. Looks good, from everything I've seen and read. It'll technically be our second strap on.

The first was a major bust. It wouldn't tighten ...
The only real advice I can give would be to purchase a silicone dildo with a harness compatible base. Beyond that really depends on your preferences. Things to consider include length, girth, curved vs. straight, realistic or not, vibrator or not, color, etc. So if you can better define what features you are looking for, selecting an appropriate dildo will be much easier.
12/01/2012
married with children married with children
Tantus makes a great dildo for beginners. The SILK. they make it in three different sizes. It is a great starter dildo. Made from 100% silicone. Cheap price. Great quality. Then you can move up from there. Vixskin is a great material for a more realistic dildo. The SPUR is a great smaller vixskin dildo. The goodfella is a great larger Vixskin model.
12/01/2012
JulesRhyn JulesRhyn
Thanks for the replies guys!

The SILK dildos look good. Pretty much what I am looking for. Length about 6in, girth between 1 1/4 and 1 2/3. Colour doesn't matter, nor does fake vs realistic. I do prefer them without balls, if possible though. Oh, and curved vs straight, doesn't matter too much. Slight curved preferred, but nothing extreme. Straight would probably also be fine.

The only thing that worries me with the SILK line, after reading some reviews, is that apparently it's almost too bendy. So much so that it's apparently hard to control in a harness to hit near the right spots, and some people even report them slipping out of harnesses due to the base being so soft. On one hand a soft base sounds good (less pain and pressure for the wearer) but not if it's gonna pop up. The last harness/dildo combo I tried was just unusable, and I don't wanna disappoint my girl with another failure of that type.

Granted, maybe the Joque can handle this dildo. It does look like a good harness.

Sorry, rambling! Any comments on my crazy talk, or more suggestions would be very welcome.

Thank you!
~Julia
12/02/2012
Kindred Kindred
Quote:
Originally posted by JulesRhyn
Thanks for the replies guys!

The SILK dildos look good. Pretty much what I am looking for. Length about 6in, girth between 1 1/4 and 1 2/3. Colour doesn't matter, nor does fake vs realistic. I do prefer them without balls, if possible ...
In that size range, there are many good to choices to consider. My favorite would probably be the Tantus Curve. It's made of silicone, has a slight curve for g-spotting, subtle ridges, and a good base. The silicone is soft but still firm enough that it doesn't flop or droop when worn in a harness. The base is larger than most, which some people don't like. Personally, I think it makes the dildo very secure in a harness. Here are the search results for silicone, harness compatible dildos in your size range: link. Honestly, pretty much any of those are fine.
12/02/2012
JulesRhyn JulesRhyn
Quote:
Originally posted by Kindred
In that size range, there are many good to choices to consider. My favorite would probably be the Tantus Curve. It's made of silicone, has a slight curve for g-spotting, subtle ridges, and a good base. The silicone is soft but still firm ...
Thank you! The search results were very helpful. Didn't know you could do custom searches like that

We ended up going for the 02 Flurry
12/03/2012
TheHardWay TheHardWay
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
Tantus makes a great dildo for beginners. The SILK. they make it in three different sizes. It is a great starter dildo. Made from 100% silicone. Cheap price. Great quality. Then you can move up from there. Vixskin is a great material for a ...
Thanks for the info.
02/03/2013
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 4