Why Don't Manufacturers Provide More Information?

Why Don't Manufacturers Provide More Information?

WildKimA WildKimA
I wasn't sure where to post this. My question/comment has to do with toys in general. Why oh why can't manufacturers provide all the information consumers need in buying and taking care of sex toys, just as they would with other products? For example, when you go to a store to buy a dildo and you want to know the specs, you'd think the packaging might give you that information, right? NO... Or if you want to know how to wash the toy? Very few provide that information. Or if you want to know what kind of lube to use? Very few provide THAT information. Or if you just want instructions on how to use the toy? Nope.

I truly don't understand the problem. How hard can it be?

What do you all think?
11/20/2009
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Dragon Dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by WildKimA
I wasn't sure where to post this. My question/comment has to do with toys in general. Why oh why can't manufacturers provide all the information consumers need in buying and taking care of sex toys, just as they would with other products? ...
That's why we write reviews. My guess is they are in the business of selling, and for the most part don't need to... There is a lot of difference in the quality of different companies as well.
11/20/2009
Victoria Victoria
You can always suggest or ask the manufacturers directly on Eden Link - I think it has gotten better over the last few years, but we do see a lot of packaging that is lacking. To do our part, we provide all the specs that we can on the 'Properties' tab of the product pages. Packaging, lube compatibility, instructions all should be mentioned in reviews - so the reader/buyer knows what to expect.
11/20/2009
deceased deceased
well, makeup, meat, soap and most commodities don't tell you how to use it. Lots of supplements don't tell you their risks, benefits or purity.
11/20/2009
WildKimA WildKimA
Quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
You can always suggest or ask the manufacturers directly on Eden Link - I think it has gotten better over the last few years, but we do see a lot of packaging that is lacking. To do our part, we provide all the specs that we can on the ...
Yep, Victoria, this is why I like EF and wanted to review here. EF and its reviewers provide a lot of valuable information. But if you walk into a shop and read the packages, you don't get it. I haven't been buying toys for very long, so it's good to hear that it's gotten better, but there is still a long way to go.
11/21/2009
WildKimA WildKimA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon
That's why we write reviews. My guess is they are in the business of selling, and for the most part don't need to... There is a lot of difference in the quality of different companies as well.
Yes, the most compelling argument why they don't provide the information is that they don't have to...people buy sex toys anyway, with or without information. And it isn't like sex toy buyers are going to write to their representatives in Congress to complain. Or that a senator would make it his/her cause... LOL
11/21/2009
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Sometimes, especially true for cheaper products, I think manufacturers refrain from publishing too much information. They know the product is cheap, they know the cost of making the product and the quality of materials are probably sub-par, so they stick the most basic features on the packaging and hope consumers take the plunge without knowing much.

And that's where EF comes in, to expose what manufacturers try to conceal!
12/20/2011
Total posts: 7
Unique posters: 5