HPV

HPV

Sangsara Sangsara
so apparantly 1 in 4 people has hpv (genital warts) and 1 in 5 people has herpes. there isn't supposed to be a 'cure' for either one of them.... but did you know that 75% of all hpv strains go away on there own? or is the clinic doctor a quack? cause my friend had 3 different doctors say.."hmmm maybe it is , maybe it isn't" and now she says its gone.
06/29/2012
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
ghalik ghalik
Not all strains of HPV cause genital warts. Yes, most HPV infections go away on their own. The human immune system is really quite amazing!
06/29/2012
Melan!e Melan!e
Those numbers don't seem inaccurate at all seeing as cold sores fall into that category as well. HPV doesn't just go away on its own though. Rather, it hides away in our cells, evading our immune system. An outbreak may heal on its own, but once infected, outbreaks will persists throughout your life.
06/29/2012
ghalik ghalik
Quote:
Originally posted by Melan!e
Those numbers don't seem inaccurate at all seeing as cold sores fall into that category as well. HPV doesn't just go away on its own though. Rather, it hides away in our cells, evading our immune system. An outbreak may heal on its own, but ...
You're confusing HSV with HPV. HSV never goes away, while most infections of HPV do go away within a year.
06/29/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by ghalik
You're confusing HSV with HPV. HSV never goes away, while most infections of HPV do go away within a year.
Um, I'm sorry but as someone who has/had HPV, I beg to differ.

HPV is a very tricky thing and when it comes to information regarding the subject, the best person to speak with is your physician. When HPV decides to stop being a bit of a bugger, it's usually because the person has become monogamous.

I suffered for many, many years with atypical pap smears.

The potential for danger always remains. It's a virus. Not a bacteria.
06/29/2012
Noelle Noelle
Quote:
Originally posted by Sangsara
so apparantly 1 in 4 people has hpv (genital warts) and 1 in 5 people has herpes. there isn't supposed to be a 'cure' for either one of them.... but did you know that 75% of all hpv strains go away on there own? or is the clinic doctor a ...
Not sure on HPV but herpes doesn't go away. It can stay dormant for a while, but it will flair up at times I've been told. I think the clinic doc is a quack.
06/29/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Noelle
Not sure on HPV but herpes doesn't go away. It can stay dormant for a while, but it will flair up at times I've been told. I think the clinic doc is a quack.
Herpes Simplex Viruses hide in the nerve bundles and can become active through out the life of a person infected. Cold sores are the most common forms of these flare ups. Some new drugs seem to suppress the virus's ability to leave the dormant state. It's obviously not effective for everyone for for many people it is a wonderful thing. Yes, it's common, VERY common.
An interesting factoid: most people who have cold sores have the virus passed to them by family members when they are babies. Does that mean we should never kiss our babies? NO, you DEAL with it if you draw the short straw.

HPV is SO common that it is likened to influenza for the amount of mutation and the damage it can do to your system. My Doctor confided to me that HPV is called a "crotch cold".
Both Ghalik and Stormy are completely correct in their statements. MOST HPV infection clears up within or around a year with no nasty side effects. HOWEVER, there are certain strains that cause genital warts (and warts on other areas of the body) and causes cervical cells to go haywire and become cancerous. These strains are difficult to eradicate and can lead to serious problems and surgery after surgery. It can lead to complete removal of the cervix and uterus.
HPV can also cluster and you can be infected by many strains at one time. The thing is you can get HPV from fingers, lips, toes, basically any skin to skin contact AND it doesn't have to be an infection of your genitals.
As I was lead to understand it you cannot totally avoid an HPV infection but going for your regular Pap smear will alert the doctor to any changes in your cervical cells. Pain or any growths you may develop "down there" should be looked at immediately.

Again, as with any disease or illness, educate yourself and then deal with it should it happen to you. There's no need to fear it or feel ashamed...illness is part of life.
06/30/2012
Airen Wolf Airen Wolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Um, I'm sorry but as someone who has/had HPV, I beg to differ.

HPV is a very tricky thing and when it comes to information regarding the subject, the best person to speak with is your physician. When HPV decides to stop being a bit of a ...
Except one of those people in my life who had to have everything internal removed from HPV infection never had sex. She infected herself with her fingers.
HPV is a human condition that is most easily passed through sexual contact but that isn't the only vector.
Monogamy or non-monogamy plays little role in the spread of this particular virus. Just thank goodness it isn't airborne, right?
06/30/2012
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Airen Wolf
Except one of those people in my life who had to have everything internal removed from HPV infection never had sex. She infected herself with her fingers.
HPV is a human condition that is most easily passed through sexual contact but that ...
For sure!
06/30/2012
Sangsara Sangsara
There are some lubes that contain guava bark that helps prevent the spread of HPV. INtimate Organics defense lube is one of them.
06/30/2012
Sinfully Sinfully
HPV is a complicated thing. I've had the shots that are supposed to help prevent certain strains of it, but I don't know much on the subject except guys can carry it without any symptoms and pass it on to girls.
06/30/2012
Total posts: 11
Unique posters: 7