Suggestions for Birth Control?

Suggestions for Birth Control?

Sera Sera
I'm looking for a new birth control, and I need some help. Can you give me some information regarding some birth controls I could use? VCF's (vaginal contraceptive film) are my favorite so far, but I'm still wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. Thanks!
08/15/2010
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Buy 3 Items for $20
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
VieuxCarre VieuxCarre
Well, it depends on whether or not you want to go to a doctor for a prescription. I'm on the NuvaRing and I swear by it. I absolutely love my ring and it's been the easiest birth control I've ever taken. It doesn't dissolve after a certain period of time and it really controls pregnancy, or lack thereof, and cycles until you're ready to take the ring out to cycle.

I love it and I highly recommend it
08/15/2010
PolyGirl PolyGirl
I vote vasectomy.
08/15/2010
Illusional Illusional
Vasectomy? Does that mess with his... libido?
I don't know many facts.


I use the depo shot. I love it. 3 months of protection. Whheeeee.
08/15/2010
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by Sera
I'm looking for a new birth control, and I need some help. Can you give me some information regarding some birth controls I could use? VCF's (vaginal contraceptive film) are my favorite so far, but I'm still wondering if anyone has any ...
Planned Parenthood has a test to see what birth control method is best for you. VCF works for some people, but I found it had an unacceptably high failure rate (more than 25% in real use) so we used something else.

Go here and it asks you about your relationship, your lifestyle, any allergies, your personality and lets you know what methods are best for you.

link
08/15/2010
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by Illusional
Vasectomy? Does that mess with his... libido?
I don't know many facts.


I use the depo shot. I love it. 3 months of protection. Whheeeee.
Nope a vasectomy just doesn't allow the sperm through the vas deferens. It doesn't affect the libido at all, my husband had one about 4.5 years ago and everything is the same except his ejaculate has no sperm in it.
08/15/2010
Kayla Kayla
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Planned Parenthood has a test to see what birth control method is best for you. VCF works for some people, but I found it had an unacceptably high failure rate (more than 25% in real use) so we used something else.

Go here and it asks you ...
I second the Planned Parenthood link. We can all give you personal experiences with a type you're interested in, but PP will give you all the basic facts.

I was using the daily pill, but now I'm going to be moving onto an IUD.
08/15/2010
Timaree Timaree
i swear by the Mirena IUD- look into it as a super easy method you only have to think about once every 5 years.

Here are some more thoughts on deciding on birth control: link
08/16/2010
Sera Sera
Thanks for all the great links, guys! Much appreciated advice.
10/23/2010
Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally posted by Sera
Thanks for all the great links, guys! Much appreciated advice.
I went to the planned parenthood link and took the quiz- Results that it recommended for me were a diaphragm, a female condom, and a male condom.

Just one more question. Why are female condoms so expensive in relativity to male condoms? Because they're internal?
10/23/2010
Jobthingy Jobthingy
Because they are new, and they are non latex (just like male non latex condoms are also a fortune) I know up here (in Ottawa, Canada) there are sexual health clinics that provide free condoms and if you go on a good day (shipment day) they actually have female ones that they will give you for free.
10/23/2010
Unconventional Unconventional
Quote:
Originally posted by VieuxCarre
Well, it depends on whether or not you want to go to a doctor for a prescription. I'm on the NuvaRing and I swear by it. I absolutely love my ring and it's been the easiest birth control I've ever taken. It doesn't dissolve after a ...
I totally agree...I've been on every birth control known to man, save the Mirena (too many horror stories to even try that) and my Nuva Ring was by far the easiest. It really helped regulate my cycles and didn't take forever to allow me to get pregnant once we decided to have another kid.
10/23/2010
Red Riding Hood Red Riding Hood
I'm in the market myself for something reliable. I currently use VCF for general contact, as he does "drip" a lot and we had a pregnancy scare with that. It's a little extra security, but I want something more dependable for sex. I'll keep eyeballing this thread for ideas.
10/15/2012
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 11