Surgery for a Birthday Present?!

Surgery for a Birthday Present?!

LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Hmm, my doctor called me the other day after and said I need to get a surgery on my right ovary very soon. At first, he thought that I had a large cyst there, but it turns out that a part of my bowel is actually stuck to my ovary. Has anyone else heard anything as weird as that? I'm just sort of in a daze trying to wrap my mind around it all.

The surgery is scheduled for the day after my 24th birthday too. Laaaaame!
09/28/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Jul!a Jul!a
That sucks! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and *hugs*
09/28/2011
Ghost Ghost
If it turns out well, I think it's a fine birthday present as you can then move on (hopefully) with a healthy ovary. :3
09/28/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyDarknezz
Hmm, my doctor called me the other day after and said I need to get a surgery on my right ovary very soon. At first, he thought that I had a large cyst there, but it turns out that a part of my bowel is actually stuck to my ovary. Has anyone else ...
Aw, I'm sorry you have to have surgery so close to your birthday, or at all.

Endometriosis can "glue" internal organs together with endometrium; part of the lining of the uterus goes up, backwards, through your fallopian tubes, in a process called "retrograde menstruation" and the substance attaches to internal organs and can bleed, grow and wreak havoc on your body. I had some endo stuck to my uterus and my colon.

Does your doctor think you have endometriosis? Endoscopic surgery is really helpful and the recovery is fairly quick.

Good luck.
09/28/2011
wrecklesswords wrecklesswords
Oh my! I haven't heard of that, but there's so much in the medical field that I haven't heard of! I really hope the surgery goes well. Good luck and we'll all be thinking about you.

Also, happy 24th birthday! How far away is that?
09/28/2011
Ansley Ansley
Sounds like a great reason to go pretty wild for your birthday. I know I would. I hope everything goes really well and there are no complications! Good luck and best wishes!
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
That sucks! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and *hugs*
Yeah, it totally does, but I'm getting lots of support from my friends and family. Heck, even the people here are helping me cope with this stuff! Thank you very much! *HUGS*
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
If it turns out well, I think it's a fine birthday present as you can then move on (hopefully) with a healthy ovary. :3
That is so true! Once that issue is dealt with, I'm pretty sure a lot of the pain I've been having will be eliminated.
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Aw, I'm sorry you have to have surgery so close to your birthday, or at all.

Endometriosis can "glue" internal organs together with endometrium; part of the lining of the uterus goes up, backwards, through your fallopian tubes, ...
It's alright. I actually need to get this issue taken care of before I can focus my attention on another medical problem. I have Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction as well, and I am in the process of deciding whether or not I want to sign up for the clinical trial for that surgery, since I have a rare illness and the rarest type of that illness. (Type III sucks so much!)

Yes, he believes I have endometriosis. He mentioned something about me having a very tiny follicle on my ovary, but I was too stunned to really grasp what he was trying to tell me. I wonder if it's possible that all of this isn't SOD at all, but due to this?! I mean, I have lots of abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Hopefully, after this surgery, I'll have more answers rather than questions.

Thank you so much for the very insightful comment! I'm defintely beginning to understand this all better now that I know that this gluing thing occasionally happens.
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by wrecklesswords
Oh my! I haven't heard of that, but there's so much in the medical field that I haven't heard of! I really hope the surgery goes well. Good luck and we'll all be thinking about you.

Also, happy 24th birthday! How far away is that?
Yeah, I haven't either, but this is actually the second weirdest thing that's happened to me medical wise. I have a rare disease called Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) which causes intense abdominal pain, vomiting, and diarrhea pretty much every day of my life. I have the rarest type (Type III) which means that there aren't very many options for me. This illness actually usually happens to older women in their 40's and up, but I'm just a rare case I guess. There's a clinical trial I was offered to take part in, but I put it on hold due to this need for this ovary surgery.

Okay, enough with all the boring stuff, thank you so much! My birthday is on October 5th and my surgery is on the 6th.
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Sounds like a great reason to go pretty wild for your birthday. I know I would. I hope everything goes really well and there are no complications! Good luck and best wishes!
HAHA! Good point! I've contacted a few of my friends and they said that they will "spoil" me before I have to get the surgery done. Thanks for wishing me well!
09/28/2011
Beck Beck
I spent my 19th bday getting a D&C, because I was having a miscarriage.
09/28/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyDarknezz
It's alright. I actually need to get this issue taken care of before I can focus my attention on another medical problem. I have Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction as well, and I am in the process of deciding whether or not I want to sign up for the ...
Ooo, OW! Was your gall bladder removed when you were younger, or do you have the genetic form or the "G*d knows where it came from?" form? (That isn't in my specialty, so I'm not really familiar with the different forms in detail.) The pancreatitis and blocked liver duct complications from SOD are so painful.

I hope the surgery helps. I hope maybe it IS endometriosis and not the SOD, in the long run the sequelea of Endo is much less complicated and painful.

Hugs again.
09/28/2011
ijako9 ijako9
hey if it makes you feel better and prevents problems in the future it might just be a good present
09/28/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
I spent my 19th bday getting a D&C, because I was having a miscarriage.
Aww, I'm so sorry hon! *HUG* I know how difficult it is to cope with miscarriages both of my sister's and mother had them.
09/28/2011
Valentinka Valentinka
LadyDarknezz, I strongly hope everything is going to be alright, you'll recover soon and get much better!
09/29/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
Ooo, OW! Was your gall bladder removed when you were younger, or do you have the genetic form or the "G*d knows where it came from?" form? (That isn't in my specialty, so I'm not really familiar with the different forms in detail.) ...
Yeah, my gallbladder was removed in 2009, and that's when the pain got really bad. I've had countless blood tests to check how my liver is doing, but they never seem to notice anything odd. Basically, they just classified me in the "God knows where it came from category." I know that chances of improving with Types I and II are high, since they notice abnormalities in their blood tests, but people like me tend to just catch pancreatitis from the surgery. My doctor said that my chances of improvement aren't really high if he does perform the surgery on me, and that it can be very dangerous. I'm still weighing my options about that, especially since I am now aware of the issues with my ovary.

Thank you so much, and I really do hope this surgery fixes a lot of my health problems. I'm glad that endometriosis is so much easier to deal with and I'm looking forward to actually getting the surgery over with now.

*HUG HUG HUG*
09/29/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by ijako9
hey if it makes you feel better and prevents problems in the future it might just be a good present
Hell yeah! That's what I'm hoping for at least! Then I can get out and live like a person in her early 20's finally!
09/29/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Valentinka
LadyDarknezz, I strongly hope everything is going to be alright, you'll recover soon and get much better!
Thanks Valentinka! I feel like the surgery will go well, especially since my surgeon is an excellent doctor!
09/29/2011
Beck Beck
I hope everything goes good for you.
09/29/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
I hope everything goes good for you.
Thank you so much! I'm pretty nervous, but this won't be my first surgery. Hopefully, I'll get less jittery soon!
09/29/2011
ThoughtsAblaze ThoughtsAblaze
While I haven't had surgery on a birthday, I did spend my 11th birthday in the hospital thanks to my third seizure, my 14th birthday for a severe allergic reaction to penicillin and had my first gallstone attack the night after my 20th birthday (had the gallbladder removed the next month). But hey, you'll get to start your 24th year as a healthier you!

I send you the best of well wishes! Keep us posted on your recovery!
10/01/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtsAblaze
While I haven't had surgery on a birthday, I did spend my 11th birthday in the hospital thanks to my third seizure, my 14th birthday for a severe allergic reaction to penicillin and had my first gallstone attack the night after my 20th birthday ...
I'm so sorry to hear that so many medical problems happened to you around your birthday so many times! *HUG* I, too, have a penicillin allergy and I know how horrible the reactions to it can be. Yet again, I had my gallbladder removed two years ago because I have a rare stomach disease known as Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction (SOD) and it's usually diagnosed after the gallbladder is taken out. Once it's gone, the pain gets damn near unbearable. After this surgery, I have to consider whether or not I'll take part in the clinical trial for SOD.

Thanks for wishing me luck on my surgery and I hope you are doing much better now hun!

BTW, I love the Birth of Venus painting avatar it is awesome!
10/02/2011
ThoughtsAblaze ThoughtsAblaze
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyDarknezz
I'm so sorry to hear that so many medical problems happened to you around your birthday so many times! *HUG* I, too, have a penicillin allergy and I know how horrible the reactions to it can be. Yet again, I had my gallbladder removed two years ...
I knew before I joined the forum that I wanted the Birth of Venus as my avatar. I LOVE Botticelli!
10/02/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by ThoughtsAblaze
I knew before I joined the forum that I wanted the Birth of Venus as my avatar. I LOVE Botticelli!
Botticelli is amazing! I wrote a very long paper about Botticelli's Primavera during my third year of college. I have a thing for Caravaggio, though. I guess I loved Boticelli for his vibrant colors and Caravaggio for his heavy shadowing. I wrote something about it on your comment wall. Hooray for another art fan!
10/02/2011
Love Perpetua Love Perpetua
I'm sorry! I hope the surgery goes well and you recover quirky! Also, happy happy birthday!
10/05/2011
LadyDarknezz LadyDarknezz
Quote:
Originally posted by Love Perpetua
I'm sorry! I hope the surgery goes well and you recover quirky! Also, happy happy birthday!
Thank you very much! My birthday was pretty nice and relaxing despite all the nervousness. My surgery is first thing in the morning, so I'll try to keep everyone posted once I feel a bit better.
10/06/2011
Valentinka Valentinka
Quote:
Originally posted by LadyDarknezz
Thank you very much! My birthday was pretty nice and relaxing despite all the nervousness. My surgery is first thing in the morning, so I'll try to keep everyone posted once I feel a bit better.
Good luck, hun!
10/06/2011
duff duff
Ive never heard of this...
02/04/2012
Highmaintenancegirl916 Highmaintenancegirl916
good luck,i will keep you in my prayers.
02/05/2012
Total posts: 30
Unique posters: 13