Now that I have a new one to keep me company, I figured I'd write an ode to my beloved toy:
1. It's powerful. Plain and simple, it provides the sensation I like against my clit and along my vulva. I know some women temper the intensity with a towel, but I like it direct and strong.
2. It's fast. This goes along with it being powerful, but I think deserves its own designation. The toy has two settings, and I prefer mine on high. When I say "fast" I mean that it only takes a few seconds before I'm into it. I don't need to warm up, and in fact I usually use my Hitachi when I'm already in the mood, when I'm turned on by a fantasy or simply because I'm horny.
3. It doesn't need batteries. This may seem like a simple thing, but for someone like me, who probably owns dozens of batteries but has no idea where they are, the idea of being oh-so-close and not being able to fully enjoy myself because my batteries died is sad.
4. It's an outie vibrator. My very first vibrator was a rabbit vibrator, and I loved the sensation of its dual action, spinning away inside me while the pearls rotated and the ears buzzed against my clit. But ever since I first used a Hitachi I've been pretty faithful. Sometimes I use another toy inside me with the Hitachi against my clit, but for the most part, I'm a clit girl, and that is the area I most want attended to when I'm masturbating. Sometimes I tap it, lightly or, when I'm in the mood, more firmly, against myself, and the dual thrill of the vibration and the power of feeling it land against me there is amazing. I do generally tend to prefer outie vibrators to ones you insert, because I might think I want it inside me but when I go to put it in I'm either not wet enough or it just doesn't feel right. I don't have that sensation with the Hitachi; the biggest change I might make is to use it on a lower setting, or to not press it so tightly against me.
5. As I've written about before, I am not the most easily orgasmic person around. Much as I adore my Hitachi, I don't always come from it but I appreciate that the sensations I do get out of it feel amazing to me. I don't have the sense that it would be great if only I could get there all the way. I like the drawn out tension it gives my body. I like that sometimes I lie flat on my back and press it hard against my clit; sometimes I pretty much hump it; sometimes I'm on my side or in another position.
6. It gives my right arm a workout. I had a friend once who claimed that the muscles in her dominant arm were actually stronger from all the time she logged using her Hitachi. It's possible, right? But I really do feel stronger when I've had a good long session with it.
7. It's not that expensive. I'm on a budget now and have a lot of bills to pay, and while I wasn't about to forgo masturbation entirely, especially since I'm now mostly working from home, I'd have to save up for some of the more pricey toys. This one is totally within my budget.
8. I've been using it for so long that I have a sentimental attachment to it. Looking at my Hitachi, even a brand-new one, reminds me of many other times I've enjoyed one, kind of like when you hook up with an ex. Maybe I'm anthropomorphizing overly much, but knowing not only that the Hitachi is reliable, but that I've been using it for most of the time I've been masturbating, makes me happy. I'm dorky like that, but I'm definitely the type of person to return to an old standby, whether it's a favorite food or a favorite toy, rather than constantly seeking out something new.
9. This is sort of an added bonus, but when you tell someone else about your love of the Hitachi Magic Wand, they usually know what you're talking about. It's not some rare discontinued toy you have to hunt down or that requires pages and pages of explanations on how to use it.
10. It really does work well as a back massager. As someone who carries heavy bags with me al the time, I appreciate that not only can the toy multitask, but it can really dig into the sore spots on my back and make those aches and pains feel better.