Meeting others in BDSM

Meeting others in BDSM

KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
What are the best methods or websites to meet other people in the BDSM lifestyle? My ultimate dream is to have a dom one day or be in a M/S relationship, but I know that takes time and patience. I've heard Fetlife mentioned a few times and heard of ALT.com as well. What suggestions or websites do you recommend? I know to be safe, meet in public, etc etc.
07/08/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 1 FREE
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 80%. Limited Quantity
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
MaryExy MaryExy
I have met some interesting people on Fetlife...
07/08/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryExy
I have met some interesting people on Fetlife...
uh oh, is that a good or bad thing?
07/08/2011
MaryExy MaryExy
Quote:
Originally posted by KinkyKrissy
uh oh, is that a good or bad thing?
I see a lot of people who seem cool, and some of the doms that have contacted me didn't seem half bad (I'm not out looking for a dom, though, so I always cut the conversation short when they express that they aren't looking for just a friend). There are some creepers, but only one has really given me any hint of the heeby-jeebies, and it wasn't a "this guy wants to stalk, rape, and murder me" kind of vibe, just a "you sound kind of slimy when you talk about your kinks, which feels inappropriate when I told you I have a dom" vibe. I've seen 999999999999x worse in chatrooms.

It doesn't hurt to create a profile. The munches for different areas sound really cool (if I make a buddy at school who's into kink, I might go to one)
07/08/2011
qqqqqqqqqqqq qqqqqqqqqqqq
Fetlife is by far my number one recommendation for meeting like-minded people! I have been on that site for just over a year, and have met many great people through it!
07/08/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by MaryExy
I see a lot of people who seem cool, and some of the doms that have contacted me didn't seem half bad (I'm not out looking for a dom, though, so I always cut the conversation short when they express that they aren't looking for just a ...
That clears things up a lot, thank you!
07/08/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by qqqqqqqqqqqq
Fetlife is by far my number one recommendation for meeting like-minded people! I have been on that site for just over a year, and have met many great people through it!
I think I'm going to make an account tonight
07/08/2011
Dusk Dusk
I won't necessarily say I've met people on fetlife, but I have connected again with people I met at munches and such. I've also found out about munches and workshops via fetlife.
07/09/2011
Sir Sir
I wouldn't say that Fetlife is the place to meet the Dominant of your dreams, however, it is good for making connections. Go to a few play parties or events in your area, you may find someone who you like who is into the same things as you. I personally have not had any luck, but who knows? It could happen when you least expect it.
07/09/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir
I wouldn't say that Fetlife is the place to meet the Dominant of your dreams, however, it is good for making connections. Go to a few play parties or events in your area, you may find someone who you like who is into the same things as you. I ...
Thanks for your input!
07/12/2011
SexyLilPixi SexyLilPixi
I haven't been on fetlife for a significant amount of time at all, or used it much, but it does seem that people have had some luck meeting other kinksters there.
07/30/2011
KinkyKrissy KinkyKrissy
I ended up not making an account. Right now with school, studying abroad, and limited internet, it's just not the right time, although at some point down the road I will definitely give it some more consideration.
07/31/2011
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 6