anyone get a new pet as a gift this year?

anyone get a new pet as a gift this year?

T&A1987 T&A1987
there was a story about how animals given at christmas are NOT more likely to be returned. If I was able to get another cat, or maybe a dog, I would. anyone else?
12/24/2011
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 2 FREE
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • Save 85% on Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Ghost Ghost
No, we have quite enough (one rabbit and one cat and they are both "house pets"). I have never really been into the "animal for Christmas" thing, but I know a lot of people adopt animals for Christmas and I am just glad they found homes!
12/25/2011
TheSlyFox TheSlyFox
I got my cat for my Birthday two years ago.. Does that count? *Yes, i wanted her, just my mom payed for her because she was an adoption*
12/25/2011
Taylor Taylor
I already have two dogs and I don't think I could handle a third. I think even if I wanted to get another one I wouldn't want to be surprised with one on christmas morning. If I knew that was going to be my present ahead of time, it might be better though.
12/25/2011
AndroAngel AndroAngel
I love animals, that said, I hate receiving them for gifts. I'd adopt them for christmas, but I wouldn't want have one given to me because I like picking out animals that get along with me, personality wise.
12/25/2011
Peggi Peggi
LOL a friend and I were just discussing this topic...

She did, sort of.

Her cat had kittens this morning at 8am! 4 of them! So, she got 4 new pets for Christmas! They were born a day early just for her
12/25/2011
Tagmstr Tagmstr
We dont need anymore animals. The ones we have are enough lol
12/25/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
I have heard that rabbit rescues gear up for new bunnies shortly after Christmas and Easter because people get tired of the animal and didn't realize what it would be like to have a rabbit. I have several friends who work in rabbit rescue all over the country and they all say this.
12/25/2011
Ghost Ghost
Quote:
Originally posted by Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
I have heard that rabbit rescues gear up for new bunnies shortly after Christmas and Easter because people get tired of the animal and didn't realize what it would be like to have a rabbit. I have several friends who work in rabbit rescue all ...
It's true. I work with a rabbit rescue and it always happens. Easter is literally THE WORST. We get rabbits of all kinds, many of them with injuries (spinal injuries, fractures, broken bones and infections) from being dropped and roughed up by kids.
12/25/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
I would have been kind of unhappy if I got a pet for Christmas because I'm honestly too broke to pay for it right now. :/
12/25/2011
Miaever Miaever
My sister gave me a kitten she found in an alley on her way home!!
12/25/2011
T&A1987 T&A1987
Quote:
Originally posted by Peggi
LOL a friend and I were just discussing this topic...

She did, sort of.

Her cat had kittens this morning at 8am! 4 of them! So, she got 4 new pets for Christmas! They were born a day early just for her
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww christmas kitties!
12/25/2011
Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama Hot 'N Sexy TexasMama
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost
It's true. I work with a rabbit rescue and it always happens. Easter is literally THE WORST. We get rabbits of all kinds, many of them with injuries (spinal injuries, fractures, broken bones and infections) from being dropped and roughed up by kids.
I was so shocked to find out that my favorite rabbit rescue (Magic Happens in Louisiana) had rabbits at the pet store on Saturday (Christmas Eve) for adoption. Two rabbits got adopted and I'm hoping that it works out well but I just don't like the idea of rabbits going to folks for holidays or a birthday or something unless prior research has been done by the people.

Just my .02 ~ but as a former breeder I never bred for Easter rabbits or sold around that time. I always made people wait for at least a week or so.
12/25/2011
Katelyn Katelyn
I would love another animal but I already have a cat in my tiny apartment : ) That is so sad about the bunnys!!
12/25/2011
Total posts: 14
Unique posters: 11