Visit the Creepiest Places on Earth

Visit the Creepiest Places on Earth

P'Gell P'Gell
How about a bridge where over 500 dogs have committed suicide? An Ossuary in the Czech Republic with chandeliers and other furniture and fixtures made of... human bones. Or the forgotten cities in Taiwan, where futuristic buildings are haunted, or the town near Chernobyl, where everything from an amusement park to a baby nursery were left as they were when the place melted down.





Creepiest Places on Earth
.
.
.
08/22/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kkay Kkay
The dog bridge is the only one of them that really pings for me. Talk about creepy.
08/22/2011
Rossie Rossie
The only place that didn't bother me was the Winchester Mystery House, since I've lived only half a mile away from it for at least 3 years, it's more like an tourist attraction to me than a real creepy place.
08/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Oh man, I've read this one before but it still creeps me out. I have always wanted to visit the Winchester house ever since reading about it when I was younger though.
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Chernobyl fascinates the absolute hell out of me!!! Fifteen years ago, it was super creepy with everything just being exactly as it was (and the other obvious horribleness of the loss of human life). Now, the buildings are mostly grown over with vegitation and animals have moved into them, rare animals at that.

I watched a program on Discovery about the site not too long ago, I believe the title was Life After Humans. Or was it People? Anyway, no matter...they did this amazing progression through time using Chernobyl for their hypothesis. They said it would take less than 100,000 years for the planet to return to what it looked like before humans. Everything we make originated from natural, organic materials found on Earth. Metals will break down due to oxidation and plastics will be covered by vines...the Empire State building and the surrounding block could become the peak of a new mountain. It's very, very amazing.
08/22/2011
Bignuf Bignuf
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
How about a bridge where over 500 dogs have committed suicide? An Ossuary in the Czech Republic with chandeliers and other furniture and fixtures made of... human bones. Or the forgotten cities in Taiwan, where futuristic buildings are haunted, or ...
Where is this "dog bridge"? I have heard of all kinds of "creepy places" on some TV shows, and never heard of that one???
08/22/2011
GenderSexplorations GenderSexplorations
Okay, the thing about the dogs on Overtoun Bridge is kind of very creepy. The Ossuary doesn't bother me as my view is basically that bones are bones. But the dogs committing suicide? That's just freaky. ...Part of me wants to visit the Winchester Mystery House though. It seems very interesting! And I have to agree with Sapphire Storm about Chernobyl. The more it decays, the less creepy and ominous it gets.
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Bignuf
Where is this "dog bridge"? I have heard of all kinds of "creepy places" on some TV shows, and never heard of that one???
According to the link, it's Overtoun Bridge in Scotland.
08/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Chernobyl fascinates the absolute hell out of me!!! Fifteen years ago, it was super creepy with everything just being exactly as it was (and the other obvious horribleness of the loss of human life). Now, the buildings are mostly grown over with ...
Life After People, and that was one of my favorite shows!
08/22/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Life After People, and that was one of my favorite shows!
Thanks for that! Did you not just eat up every little teeny tiny detail with a huge spoon? One of the best I've seen out of all of my years of being a Discovery junkie.
08/22/2011
GravyCakes GravyCakes
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Chernobyl fascinates the absolute hell out of me!!! Fifteen years ago, it was super creepy with everything just being exactly as it was (and the other obvious horribleness of the loss of human life). Now, the buildings are mostly grown over with ...
i've seen that show a few times before, it's super interesting.
08/22/2011
butterflygirlxo butterflygirlxo
interesting.
08/22/2011
AngelvMaynard AngelvMaynard
Cool read!
08/22/2011
dv8 dv8
How can the list of creepiest places not include a seedy X-rated bookstore or the basement bedroom of a Comic Con attendee?
08/22/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
Thanks for that! Did you not just eat up every little teeny tiny detail with a huge spoon? One of the best I've seen out of all of my years of being a Discovery junkie.
Oh my gawd right?? I totally understand why they pulled the show, because there's only so much they can talk about before they're repeating themselves over and over again, but I loved watching it all the same. I really want to buy it, but everything from the History Channel is sooooooo expensive!
08/23/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Oh my gawd right?? I totally understand why they pulled the show, because there's only so much they can talk about before they're repeating themselves over and over again, but I loved watching it all the same. I really want to buy it, but ...
Yeah, I've contemplated a few times about buying stuff from there and I just can't bring myself to do it, no matter how much I enjoyed it.
08/23/2011
js250 js250
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Oh my gawd right?? I totally understand why they pulled the show, because there's only so much they can talk about before they're repeating themselves over and over again, but I loved watching it all the same. I really want to buy it, but ...
You can usually find the DVD's at ebay or amazon fairly reasonably priced. I watched a show that had the bone tunnels through the old sewer, France I think, and that was kind of freaky and sad. The amount of people who died from the plagues was mind boggling.
08/23/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
You can usually find the DVD's at ebay or amazon fairly reasonably priced. I watched a show that had the bone tunnels through the old sewer, France I think, and that was kind of freaky and sad. The amount of people who died from the plagues was ...
Right now it looks like both seasons and the movie are on sale together in a box set for about $50. I may have to snag these today..
08/23/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Right now it looks like both seasons and the movie are on sale together in a box set for about $50. I may have to snag these today..
*jealous* LOL Happy watching!
08/23/2011
Yaoi Pervette (deleted) Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
I must be weird, because places where people died and human remains don't creep me out. I've always been of the belief that the dead can't hurt you; it's the living your have worry about. Certain types of people do creep me out.
08/23/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Yaoi Pervette (deleted)
I must be weird, because places where people died and human remains don't creep me out. I've always been of the belief that the dead can't hurt you; it's the living your have worry about. Certain types of people do creep me out.
I've had sex in a cemetery, so I would have to agree with that. LOL
08/23/2011
Illusional Illusional
Gah so creepy
08/23/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Ansley
*jealous* LOL Happy watching!
Lol, ended up costing a little over $65 or so with shipping and sales tax. Laaaaame! Still on its way to me but still lame! lol
08/23/2011
Ansley Ansley
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Lol, ended up costing a little over $65 or so with shipping and sales tax. Laaaaame! Still on its way to me but still lame! lol
Damn, extremely lame!!! But, I'm happy you have it.
08/23/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Ive been obsessed with Chernobyl for years. Its so devastating but so stunning at the same time. Its just so beautiful to look at the photos that come out of there, like the abandoned ferris wheel. Id love to go on a tour there. They allow tours now!
08/23/2011
DeliciousDrip DeliciousDrip
WAIT.. the dogs committed suicide ?? 0_o
hm.. i find that interesting , not creepy.
08/23/2011
El-Jaro El-Jaro
Damn!

Those are some good ones!

The Forest is my "favorite"...if I could have a favorite...seems kinda morbid to me.
08/23/2011
married with children married with children
japan has alot of places like this. Love looking at pictures of abandoned buildings and towns.
08/23/2011
TameTemptress TameTemptress
So interesting!
08/23/2011
The-IT-Guy-And-My-Secretary The-IT-Guy-And-My-Secretary
Quote:
Originally posted by P'Gell
How about a bridge where over 500 dogs have committed suicide? An Ossuary in the Czech Republic with chandeliers and other furniture and fixtures made of... human bones. Or the forgotten cities in Taiwan, where futuristic buildings are haunted, or ...
I have been to the actual Amityville Horrors house (A friend lives by it and my dad and I have been brought by the house, by the way its a movie) I have been to an abandoned TB and mental health facility in the pocono mountains (No longer there), I have been to several abandoned resorts, I have been to the site of the former Byberry mental health facility and the Mutter Museum in Philadelphia. I have also been to the Tesla Wardyncliffe facility (More like by the fence) and to the actual site of the Philadelphia Project. I have also been to camp hero on Long Island and been to see the USS United States (Past not in). Those are just some of the better places.
08/23/2011
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 42
Unique posters: 27