Dildos... Glass... wood.. plastic? Im SO CONFUSED!

Dildos... Glass... wood.. plastic? Im SO CONFUSED!

Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Okay Girls, (and guys)

I'm looking to buy my very first dildo.
But Im not sure what to get, I think all the glass ones are pretty, but slightly intimidating, these "rabbits" look scary! and Im just lost on what to get, should it vibrate, should it rotate, should it do this and that?

Im not sure!!!!

I would LOVE someones input on this, and maybe help me find what im looking for.
01/03/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by Respectable Curiosity
Okay Girls, (and guys)

I'm looking to buy my very first dildo.
But Im not sure what to get, I think all the glass ones are pretty, but slightly intimidating, these "rabbits" look scary! and Im just lost on what to get, should ...
well, all of them have their ups and downs. Rabbits aren't as scary as they look..but ones that are made of a safe material are often expensive and they don't really do the trick for everyone.

Glass can be nice, but for me if I could have ONE insertable toy I'd probably want it to vibrate. If I'm playing with my husband I like non vibrating toys, but when I'm going solo I definitely prefer vibrations.

I'd recommend trying to see if you can find something with both solid and pulsating vibrations. It allows you to try out more things at once. If you can't find one you like with patterns I'd definitely say try out something with multiple speed vibrations at least.

I like the Pure Bendie 10 function, and any of Evolved's plastic vibes for a good starter vibe at a decent price. Happy Shopping!
01/03/2011
Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
well, all of them have their ups and downs. Rabbits aren't as scary as they look..but ones that are made of a safe material are often expensive and they don't really do the trick for everyone.

Glass can be nice, but for me if I ...
Thanks for the reply!

Ive been told that I should try a more harder type first, and one that can or has the option of vibrating!
Im going to read some reviews and see what I can find!
01/03/2011
Darling Jen Darling Jen
I definitely have to say that as a dildo I vote for a silicone one as a first! Unless you specifically want a vibrator for solo use only, a standard dildo is an easy and unintimidating first toy. You can use it alone or with a partner and some even have a hole for a vibrating bullet or suction cup! And silicone is non-porous which makes it super easy to clean and safe to share. Tantus and Vixen make some awesome silicone dildos.

If you're specifically looking for something that vibrates, there are definitely some awesome options out there! I have to admit all my favorites though are a little pricey.
01/03/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
Can you give us any idea as to what you like? I mean, if you don't like clit vibrations, than a rabbit is for sure not for you. Do you have any idea how you feel about textures? Size? Temperature? Do you have a price range?
01/03/2011
Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Quote:
Originally posted by Lucidity
Can you give us any idea as to what you like? I mean, if you don't like clit vibrations, than a rabbit is for sure not for you. Do you have any idea how you feel about textures? Size? Temperature? Do you have a price range?
So many options!
Okay let me try and fill in the Q's

1.) I love clit vibrations (the only toy I own is a small massager)
2.) Ive never owned anything other than the mentioned above, so I have NO clue, but I like the words "velvety" "soft" "textured" so I guess im open.
3.) Sizes?... Well I'm pretty tight as most measures go, so something in the slimmer-medium range.
4.) Ive never experimented with temperature, but it sounds like FUN!
5.) price range.. would be in the lower ends, something under $50. I think, just to start with.

Im sorry that Im not very specific, Like ive said, I honestly am lost at sea!
01/03/2011
Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Quote:
Originally posted by Darling Jen
I definitely have to say that as a dildo I vote for a silicone one as a first! Unless you specifically want a vibrator for solo use only, a standard dildo is an easy and unintimidating first toy. You can use it alone or with a partner and some even ...
yes there are LOTS AND LOTS of options!

I guess I should add that Its hard for me to climax with just penetration, so something that has the option to vibrate or not I think would be a good choice.
01/03/2011
ToyGeek ToyGeek
The options can be extremely overwhelming. I'd recommend a silicone toy as a first, because it's a safe material, and it has some flexibility. Remember to use the "view actual size" feature, and adjust the page with a credit card or dollar bill to be sure you're really seeing the right size. That can help a great deal.

I'd recommend against a rabbit type as a first, because they're very body specific and you don't want to risk getting something disappointing the first time.

Fortunately, you've come to the right place. Every toy here has at least a few reviews, and you can always ask more specific questions here.

Good luck and enjoy!
01/03/2011
Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Quote:
Originally posted by ToyGeek
The options can be extremely overwhelming. I'd recommend a silicone toy as a first, because it's a safe material, and it has some flexibility. Remember to use the "view actual size" feature, and adjust the page with a credit card ...
Yes! Ive read a lot of reviews and im thinking im going to narrow it down to silicone, they seem to be best suggested for my taste and experience, now I just have to from there!

And You are right, this place is AMAZINGLY through in some reviews, and everyone is so nice! I dont feel embarrassed or too shy to talk about anything here!
01/03/2011
Vexed Vexed
I'd go for a silicone cock from Vixen, or a Glass dildo. I wouldn't buy a vibrating dildo. Buy a vibe made by Lelo or Fun Factory as a separate toy. With one of these non-vibrating dildos you will be able to explore the insides of your vagina and get to know what area like to apply pressure to. Explore your walls and find your sweet spots .
01/03/2011
Lucidity Lucidity
Like ToyGeek said, you can always go to reviews and ask questions of the people who have review specific toys. But for sure, make sure to look at the measurements of the toys you're considering, you don't want to end up with something that's 5.5" around and that you just can't use
01/03/2011
Respectable Curiosity Respectable Curiosity
Quote:
Originally posted by Vexed
I'd go for a silicone cock from Vixen, or a Glass dildo. I wouldn't buy a vibrating dildo. Buy a vibe made by Lelo or Fun Factory as a separate toy. With one of these non-vibrating dildos you will be able to explore the insides of your ...
I agree, I do like the Idea of just having a non vibrating one that had a hole for inserting a bullet for vibrations if I wanted them, But yes, since its hard for me to climax without clitoral stimulation, I think that would help me discover myself a little better and help with the bedroom sexy time
01/04/2011
Ms. Spice Ms. Spice
Quote:
Originally posted by Respectable Curiosity
Okay Girls, (and guys)

I'm looking to buy my very first dildo.
But Im not sure what to get, I think all the glass ones are pretty, but slightly intimidating, these "rabbits" look scary! and Im just lost on what to get, should ...
there's a rabbit called white heat... it does not look intimidating at all and is very beginner friendly. if you are first time user, look at silicone products or tpr. you might become overwhelmed by the hardness of glass, metal, etc. make sure it uses good materials!
05/25/2011
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 7