Getting my toy-less friend a gift basket

Getting my toy-less friend a gift basket

Ryuson Ryuson 01/04/2012

My friend's never had a toy before, but really wants to try out some new things and see what all of the fuss is about. I'd rather get her some things that I personally know are great, but if there are a lot of reviews from respectable people I;d be cool getting her something that I personally don't own. I'd prefer to stick with silicone and plastic. :)

Invited: All users.

Get Adobe Flash player

Discussion Topics

1.
Ryuson Ryuson
I'm trying not to spend more than $150, but please help me pick!
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Seduction
- Kira - , Ryuson , deltalima , Missmarc , voenne , TameTemptress , EdenJP , Stagger13 , SMichelle , llellsee , OhMy! , BlooJay , GonetoLovehoney , mistressg , LAndJ , cectru , potstickers , Cherrylane , Zombirella , unfulfilled , EndlessFrost
21
Birthstones
jedent , Ghost , mandaj , pfoof , miss-miss , ily
6
Mood playful
Antipova , (k)InkyIvy , Stinkytofu10 , Ryuson , eeep , Iron Man , Anjulie , sktb0007 , T&A1987 , Jon S , Ghost , mpfm , switzerland , GonetoLovehoney , Entropy , Sohotdinosaur , GONE! , shcoo , Cherrylane , DeliciousSurprise , zwee75
21
Waterwhirl
(k)InkyIvy , Ryuson , voenne , BuckeyeGal04 , LAndJ , GONE! , ddd masturbator(bye all!)
7
Diamond princess
js250 , zracer , Stagger13 , LAndJ , bayosgirl
5
Power buddies
Bullet buddies
LAndJ , ily
2
A corded bullet (Please recommend)
A dildo (please recommend)
Antipova , Curiouscat , dv8 , ddd masturbator(bye all!) , ily , DeliciousSurprise
6
You're crazy for not having ______ on that list! (Please tell me!)
- Kira - , Antipova , Stinkytofu10 , Eucaly , badk1tty , DeliciousSurprise
6
Other?
js250 , Eucaly , mpfm , mistressg , married with children , DeliciousSurprise , NarcissisticLust
7
Total votes: 81 (55 voters)
Poll is closed
01/04/2012
  • Buy 1 - Get 1 FREE
  • Fancy Gift Set For Her For $70
  • Hot Gift Set For Her For $50
  • Sexy Gift Set For Her For $30 Only
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
- Kira - - Kira -
I have the silicone Seduction. It has weird battery issues so maybe go with the plastic version because I know you haven't had any issues with your plastic one. The shape is so nice on that.

I like battery bullets more than corded ones. The cords are a pain to me and I always seem to get all wrapped up in them somehow. For a cheap battery bullet, the Iconic Bullet is strong and super quiet. Plus it looks sleek and like it costs way more than it actually did. It also comes with a warranty. Every girl needs a bullet!!
01/04/2012
jedent jedent
i think if i could get paid to just make dildobaskets all the time, i'd do that.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by jedent
i think if i could get paid to just make dildobaskets all the time, i'd do that.
Lol! That would be an awesome job!
01/04/2012
Beck Beck
Get her one of everything of the basics:
pocket rocket
rabbit
bullet
traditional
dildo
Gspot vibe
G spot dildo

That would be an awesome basket and would allow her to pick out what she likes. I wouldn't spend much on each one, but it would be fun to make one.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Get her one of everything of the basics:
pocket rocket
rabbit
bullet
traditional
dildo
Gspot vibe
G spot dildo

That would be an awesome basket and would allow her to pick out what she likes. I wouldn't spend much on ...
I forgot about pocket rockets! Do you have any specific recommendations? Thanks!
01/04/2012
Antipova Antipova
Okay---you've tried Mood Playful and it just looks like a great beginner toy, nice and colorful and a sample-pack of textures And plus, it vibrates, and for some reason lots of people seem to like these 'vibrations'...

I also have to vote for the Tantus VIP (assuming she's comfortable with average girths... if she's a penetration virgin then you might want something else. Especially on the 50% off sale... you can't go wrong with my favorite piece of silicone in the world.

And the "you're crazy for not having * on the list" is --- glass! The Gold Laced G is amazing, and the bumpy spiral double dong is an inexpensive texture sample pack. For that matter, so's the Royal Duet... and I would actually go so far as to bleach my Duet up and offer it to a newbie, since I've gotten other similar dildos since.
01/04/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I forgot about pocket rockets! Do you have any specific recommendations? Thanks!
I am trying to think of somethings for you to recommend. HUMMM....

I have not tried it but I saw this kit sounds like a great buy for what you are thinking. kit

I will have more hod on.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Okay---you've tried Mood Playful and it just looks like a great beginner toy, nice and colorful and a sample-pack of textures And plus, it vibrates, and for some reason lots of people seem to like these 'vibrations'...

I also ...
Wow, I forgot glass! Thanks for the awesome suggestions! This is so fun!

I think that I should stick to something with less girth because she's only been with a woman and isn't too used to penetration by anything large! Hmm, I'm off dildo hunting! Thanks!
01/04/2012
Beck Beck
The fairy baby wand
The handy massager
Wanachi Mini
First time G spot Tulip
fiji
iconic smoothie
Vivid Swirl

Here is a list of ones that I have tried that still are active in my toy box.

If you want a good glass one Swell is a great pick, but a cheaper sub would be wave wand. There design is very beginner friendly since there is no overwhelming texture.
01/04/2012
Curiouscat Curiouscat
This is such a nice idea! What a good friend you are

Personally I haven’t tried any of those listed. BUT for a silicone g-spot dildo the Lelo Ella is amazing! I own one and love it Ella I just recently did a review on her to. It's $39.99.
Happy hunting!
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
The fairy baby wand
The handy massager
Wanachi Mini
First time G spot Tulip
fiji
iconic smoothie
Vivid Swirl

Here is a list of ones that I have tried that still are active in my toy box.

If you want a good glass one ...
Wow, thanks for the awesome recommendations! The Fiji and the wave wand look great! The first time g-spot tulip also looks like it would be perfect, since she isn't very experienced! Wow, I'm also finding tons of toys that I want to try while looking!
01/04/2012
Curiouscat Curiouscat
Ella

ops other link does not work right haha
01/04/2012
Beck Beck
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Wow, thanks for the awesome recommendations! The Fiji and the wave wand look great! The first time g-spot tulip also looks like it would be perfect, since she isn't very experienced! Wow, I'm also finding tons of toys that I want to try while ...
Fiji is a great G spot dildo, not really the kegel exerciser it is sold under. The tulip was really nice and it is priced even better. While I have not tried the Wave Wand is the same shape as Swell, which is my favorite toy even after all the other ones.

You are welcome. I just had to take the time to look through my lost since I forget which are best without looking at them.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Curiouscat
This is such a nice idea! What a good friend you are

Personally I haven’t tried any of those listed. BUT for a silicone g-spot dildo the Lelo Ella is amazing! I own one and love it Ella I just recently did a review on her to. It's ...
Thanks! I've had my eye on that for a while! Hmm, now I have too many choices! A silicone or a glass dildo! Hahaha!
01/04/2012
- Kira - - Kira -
Seconding the Swell Wand. Also adding Icicles No. 8 as a possibility if she needs something smaller. They are close in design, but No. 8 is slimmer. No. 8.

Ella didn't work for me, but I think it will work for most people. It's pretty slim and the silicone is super luxurious. I think that would make a good first G spot dildo. Plus it's from a luxury line, so she'll feel spoiled!
01/04/2012
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Get a discreet vibrator (plastic or silicone) with moderate to powerful rumbles, a glass dildo, anal beads. I think those 3 are great places to experiment.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by - Kira -
Seconding the Swell Wand. Also adding Icicles No. 8 as a possibility if she needs something smaller. They are close in design, but No. 8 is slimmer. No. 8.

Ella didn't work for me, but I think it will work for most people. It's pretty ...
Oooh, that one has a better presentation! That one actually may be a better option!
01/04/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
Wow, I forgot glass! Thanks for the awesome suggestions! This is so fun!

I think that I should stick to something with less girth because she's only been with a woman and isn't too used to penetration by anything large! Hmm, I'm ...
The Royal Duet and Gold Laced G are 1" dia. each.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
I now have a poll up about dildos! Thanks for all of the great recommendations! I love shopping!
01/04/2012
js250 js250
The Diamond Princess is a good one, also include a pocket rocket, Lulu, and one of the kits. Just an idea, I was looking at kits last night and there was a great one for 38.00, don't remember what it was called right now, but it looks quite fun!
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by js250
The Diamond Princess is a good one, also include a pocket rocket, Lulu, and one of the kits. Just an idea, I was looking at kits last night and there was a great one for 38.00, don't remember what it was called right now, but it looks quite fun!
Lulu looks awesome! Thanks!
Do you remember what all was in the kit? Eden has a lot of kits!
01/04/2012
eeep eeep
I have the waterwhirl and am not big on it myself. Ivy is very similar in price and design and I found to work a lot better for me.
01/04/2012
deltalima deltalima
Seduction is nice. Got it for my friend and she liked it.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by deltalima
Seduction is nice. Got it for my friend and she liked it.
I'm thinking of getting that one for sure! Thanks!
01/04/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I'm trying not to spend more than $150, but please help me pick!
I like seduction a lot.
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Missmarc
I like seduction a lot.
Thanks for the vote!
01/04/2012
Anjulie Anjulie
Mood playful looks good for beginners
01/04/2012
Holly Hox Holly Hox
Quote:
Originally posted by Beck
Get her one of everything of the basics:
pocket rocket
rabbit
bullet
traditional
dildo
Gspot vibe
G spot dildo

That would be an awesome basket and would allow her to pick out what she likes. I wouldn't spend much on ...
THIS! Such good advice!! And great things for a beginner to have!
01/04/2012
Holly Hox Holly Hox
You said she has never had a toy? I'm not sure I'd get her anything glass. I don't think it is beginner friendly. At least for me, there is NO WAY I could have handled it.
01/04/2012
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Holly Hox
You said she has never had a toy? I'm not sure I'd get her anything glass. I don't think it is beginner friendly. At least for me, there is NO WAY I could have handled it.
And after my terrible jelly experience, glass was the only thing I *wasn't* afraid of because I knew it wouldn't smell bad, it wouldn't burn me, and it wouldn't be too floppy. There were 3 years of my life where I wouldn't use anything that wasn't glass. So it's worth at least an inexpensive one in a sample basket?
01/04/2012
Holly Hox Holly Hox
This is a good clit vibe, especially for a beginner.

This is a decent gspot vibe for a beginner. The vibrations are good but not overwhelming.
01/04/2012
Holly Hox Holly Hox
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
And after my terrible jelly experience, glass was the only thing I *wasn't* afraid of because I knew it wouldn't smell bad, it wouldn't burn me, and it wouldn't be too floppy. There were 3 years of my life where I wouldn't use ...
Yeah you might be right. Throw one in there for good measure.

DON'T buy jelly! Ick!
01/04/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Holly Hox
Yeah you might be right. Throw one in there for good measure.

DON'T buy jelly! Ick!
Thanks for coming to a conclusion for me! Lol! I may have to throw the Ella and a glass toy in there for good measure! This is so fun! I really want to stick to safe materials, no jelly for my friend!
01/05/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
I think that I may get her the Ella and the Icicles No. 8! The Seduction and the Mood Playful for sure! I want to get her the iconic bullet, the Waterwhirl, the Birthstones, and the Diamond Princess, but I feel like that may be too many toys for the same job! Also considering the Lulu satin Scoop and the Beginner's G-spot Tulip!
01/05/2012
Eucaly Eucaly
If you're looking for cheap but excellent, here's some you really should think of:

Iconic Smoothie



Extreme Pure Gold Mini Scoop



Black Magic Bullet



Dreamers Bliss



Ultimate Massager

01/05/2012
mpfm mpfm
I don't own any of the ones in your poll, but voted Mood Playful based on reviews I've read. I have also read good things about Dream Massager and Dream Massager G. They seem like they would be good choices for beginners.
01/05/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Eucaly
If you're looking for cheap but excellent, here's some you really should think of:

Iconic Smoothie



Extreme Pure Gold Mini Scoop



Black Magic Bullet



Dreamers Bliss



Ultimate ...
Ooh, the Dreamers Bliss looks really good, too! It may be a bit loud for her, though!
01/05/2012
mistressg mistressg
Quote:
Originally posted by jedent
i think if i could get paid to just make dildobaskets all the time, i'd do that.
Ha. Oh, that would be a fun life to live.
01/05/2012
LAndJ LAndJ
I would go High Intensity Bullet over power buddies bullet.
01/05/2012
Entropy Entropy
I hear good things about mood playful, seems like a solid vibe for a beginner.
01/05/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by LAndJ
I would go High Intensity Bullet over power buddies bullet.
Thanks for the recommendation! I think that I may go for the JimmyJane Iconic bullet over those two!
01/06/2012
bayosgirl bayosgirl
Diamond Princess is pretty.
01/06/2012
Antipova Antipova
Whatever you choose in the end, you should add it to this Ultimate Newbie Kit thread, since that's sort of exactly what we're doing
01/06/2012
Ryuson Ryuson
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Whatever you choose in the end, you should add it to this Ultimate Newbie Kit thread, since that's sort of exactly what we're doing
I looked at that thread! I certainly will! I wish I'd have read that thread when I was first looking to buy toys!
01/06/2012
badk1tty badk1tty
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I'm trying not to spend more than $150, but please help me pick!
Hitachi.
01/06/2012
married with children married with children
how about a gift card and let her pick out her own?
01/06/2012
ddd masturbator(bye all!) ddd masturbator(bye all!)
I agree with Beck about making a kit... if you really want your friend to get into this exciting world of toys, then you need to provide her with the most choices. Let her experience many different things, then through her experimenting, she'll figure out what she likes. You could also include an EF gift card for like $20 that she can use towards something nicer in the style that she likes.

Make sure you get at least one dildo that does NOT vibrate. Try to add in some toys that don't just focus on the vagina. Nipple and/or clit toys might not be a bad idea either.

Definitely introduce your friend to our lovely community...
01/08/2012
eeep eeep
Mini nipple suckers might be a good thing to add, and can be used on the nipples or clit. They're also cheap and aren't intimidating looking at all. I agree with others that adding a variety of toys would be a good idea. Also adding some toy cleaner or EF wipes would be a nice touch. Would help make sure she takes proper care of the toys that way.
01/08/2012
Zombirella Zombirella
Small and cute, something not too loud but not weak and material that will feel good on skin-That is what I'm looking for as a beginner. I got the power buddies but it arrived with a broken button I like the seduction and the diamond princess that you have as options.
01/08/2012
unfulfilled unfulfilled
That's an awesome thing you're doing for your friend.
01/09/2012
NarcissisticLust NarcissisticLust
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I'm trying not to spend more than $150, but please help me pick!
$150 for a friend! That's so nice.

Well, for a lower/middle budget gift basket, I'd suggest some of the following:

-This was my first kit and really helped me understand what I do and don't like in sex toys.
Black Magic

-These are some inexpensive toys that I think would be a good springboard for a beginner:
Usual Suspects
Xtreme pack g-spot
Wanachi

And this is the list that I wish someone had handed me when I was a nube

The Original
We Vibe
Hitachi
The Wahl
Sliquid
Tristan Taormino's Expert Guide to the Female Orgasm
01/09/2012
sweetpea12 sweetpea12
Quote:
Originally posted by Ryuson
I'm trying not to spend more than $150, but please help me pick!
Totally get the seduction, I've had it for over a year and it's still my favorite toy
02/22/2012
Total posts: 53
Unique posters: 26