Great toy for a beginner?

Great toy for a beginner?

JessiShey JessiShey
Yes I know this might be weird, but my mom has never tried a toy and her sex life is well slowing down. She's gone through menopause so her and my dad are trying out lubes. I told her that she needs a little more variety. I want to help her out because someday I might know how she feels. What would be the best first time toy to get her? Vibrator or dildo wise?
All rude comments will be ignored btw. thanks!
09/03/2012
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Quote:
Originally posted by JessiShey
Yes I know this might be weird, but my mom has never tried a toy and her sex life is well slowing down. She's gone through menopause so her and my dad are trying out lubes. I told her that she needs a little more variety. I want to help her out ...
MiMi is a great one or Uma, or anything by Lelo, depending on whether she wants internal or clitoral. A lot of people like Uma because it can be used well for both. I love my MiMi. I also have a Lelo Mia, not very powerful by comparison to MiMi but great as a convenient, non-threatening little vibe. Any of the Lelo internal vibes are very nice luxury vibes and would make great first toys. They're so ergonomic, easy to use and newbie friendly with a very nice frequency of vibes, not super powerful but just all around nice to use.
09/03/2012
JessiShey JessiShey
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
MiMi is a great one or Uma, or anything by Lelo, depending on whether she wants internal or clitoral. A lot of people like Uma because it can be used well for both. I love my MiMi. I also have a Lelo Mia, not very powerful by comparison to MiMi but ...
Thank you so much for your help!
09/03/2012
JessiShey JessiShey
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
MiMi is a great one or Uma, or anything by Lelo, depending on whether she wants internal or clitoral. A lot of people like Uma because it can be used well for both. I love my MiMi. I also have a Lelo Mia, not very powerful by comparison to MiMi but ...
Also trying to find one that's not so expensive lol. Those are a little up there
09/03/2012
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Quote:
Originally posted by JessiShey
Also trying to find one that's not so expensive lol. Those are a little up there
Well, here's where it gets tricky. Cheap vibes tend to be buzzy, weak, unreliable battery guzzlers in less than ideal shapes, substandard, or worse, unsafe materials, etc. There are a few exceptions to that rule but often cheap vibrators are unsatisfactory and can sometimes turn someone off of toys (this happened to me and others I know) who think that the sub par features of the cheap toy are "the norm" for toys. I was turned off of toys for about 9 years by a cheap plastic vibrator. The logic is often to buy a cheap toy to find out if the newbie likes toys at all, but here's my take on that: The difference is, a cheap toy you don't like is usually a toy you hate. A more expensive, high quality toy you don't like is usually a toy that isn't quite perfect for you but is also still nice. You really get what you pay for. A reviewer/poster/contri butor on here named Kira is one of my favorite people. I follow her religiously. She also has her own blog at KirasKink.com. She always has great things to say. One of her best contributions is a guide she posted on her website called Kira’s Guide To Buying Your First Sex Toy She does recommend not shopping for super expensive toys, but she also advocates not setting your price point too low because you'll just end up with crap. She suggests a $50 cap. She has a list of nice, inexpensive, starter toys at the bottom of the page. Her guide is a really helpful intro for newbies.
09/03/2012
JessiShey JessiShey
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
Well, here's where it gets tricky. Cheap vibes tend to be buzzy, weak, unreliable battery guzzlers in less than ideal shapes, substandard, or worse, unsafe materials, etc. There are a few exceptions to that rule but often cheap vibrators are ...
I will definitely have to check that out. Ma'am, it was a pleasure reading your advice, and I appreciate it greatly! You're very helpful! I hope you have a great day!
09/04/2012
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Curious if you decided on something for your mom and if it went over well?
09/13/2012
jr2012 jr2012
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
Well, here's where it gets tricky. Cheap vibes tend to be buzzy, weak, unreliable battery guzzlers in less than ideal shapes, substandard, or worse, unsafe materials, etc. There are a few exceptions to that rule but often cheap vibrators are ...
I wish I had that "first sex toy" article way back when I got my first one!!
09/14/2012
JessiShey JessiShey
Quote:
Originally posted by charletnarouh
Curious if you decided on something for your mom and if it went over well?
well, if she likes it, great! but i don't wanna hear the details lol just hope she gets in a better mood and makes her more comfortable with the recent menopause
09/14/2012
Undecided Undecided
Quote:
Originally posted by JessiShey
well, if she likes it, great! but i don't wanna hear the details lol just hope she gets in a better mood and makes her more comfortable with the recent menopause
I think you should introduce her to EF so her and your dad can earn points and explore on finding things they wanna try. You wouldn't have to follow them or know each others screen names unless ya'll wanted to. I think it would be helpful for her.
09/14/2012
Total posts: 10
Unique posters: 4