Luxury or just quality?

Luxury or just quality?

DreamWolf DreamWolf
I wonder how do you choose a toy...

I used to be more careless about the material, until getting to know the different safety features and risks, and lately I go for the very best toys even if it means that I can have less but better ones... And I also do my best to get the toys too which aren't fancy but have good features...

How do you choose?
01/28/2012
  • Buy 3 Items for $70
  • Buy 3 Items for $50
  • Buy 3 Items for $30
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
BobbiJay BobbiJay
I look at price and the material. I won't get a lower safety rated material anymore. Then if I see something really expensive that has really good reviews I will buy it.
01/29/2012
Positwist Positwist
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamWolf
I wonder how do you choose a toy...

I used to be more careless about the material, until getting to know the different safety features and risks, and lately I go for the very best toys even if it means that I can have less but better ones... ...
I try to be wary of "luxury" brands. It's easy to get roped into paying for the brand, not the use value of the item.

I look first for body safe materials from a reputable manufacturer. Then, I read the reviews (only on sites that don't censor negative reviews) and double-check with the sex blogging world to see what reviewers have to say about the product (pleasurists.com is a great resource). I'm all about word of mouth.
01/29/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Positwist
I try to be wary of "luxury" brands. It's easy to get roped into paying for the brand, not the use value of the item.

I look first for body safe materials from a reputable manufacturer. Then, I read the reviews (only on sites ...
Me too!
01/30/2012
charletnarouh charletnarouh
Material and quality are the most important to me, then reviews. If possible I like to go into a store to at least look at the toy or handle it if possible. I'm picky about details like seams and things that don't bother some users.
01/31/2012
Shellz31 Shellz31
I pay the high ($100+) prices for most items so I expect everything (quality and luxury) in my toys!
01/31/2012
DreamWolf DreamWolf
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
I pay the high ($100+) prices for most items so I expect everything (quality and luxury) in my toys!
Understandable...
01/31/2012
SMichelle SMichelle
For me, I just want a quality toy. I don't care if it's a luxury toy or not -- though I will say that lately I tend to be drawn towards rechargeable toys.
01/31/2012
Missmarc Missmarc
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamWolf
I wonder how do you choose a toy...

I used to be more careless about the material, until getting to know the different safety features and risks, and lately I go for the very best toys even if it means that I can have less but better ones... ...
Non-porous material and functional are the top two factors I consider. One of my favorite product recently is the "Luv your body" vibe. I got it for 30 dollars when it was on sale. So definitely not in the luxury toy category. The part that touches my clit is silicone, and it has nice vibrations.
It's not rechargeable though, and most luxury toys are. I am completely fine with that. I put in a set of rechargeable batteries. I've had about 10 hours of use with this vibrator without needing to recharge the batteries. It's simply amazing.
I think when choosing a toy, it's not necessary the price tag that will guarantee you a great toy. I generally stick to the non-porous rule, and explore in different categories. I pick toys I think will work with my body.
01/31/2012
levellc09 levellc09
I usually don't go below plastic for my toys. I do have some luxury toys but I don't aim for them unless I know that they are worth the price tag.
01/31/2012
levellc09 levellc09
I usually go for rechargeable toys tho. I hate looking for fresh batteries in the middle of a session.
01/31/2012
Cookie Monster Mike Cookie Monster Mike
Quote:
Originally posted by DreamWolf
I wonder how do you choose a toy...

I used to be more careless about the material, until getting to know the different safety features and risks, and lately I go for the very best toys even if it means that I can have less but better ones... ...
Quality is always my first and most important concern in the purchase of a sex toy, or other type of product on EF. Luxury is also important depending on what I am buying. I wouldn't want a silicone dildo after all if it was shaped like a pineapple lol
01/31/2012
Kitka Kitka
I'd say that quality is more important in my decision on what toys to get. I like to know a lot about it before buying and will always look for good reviews on the item in question.
01/31/2012
Rossie Rossie
Quote:
Originally posted by Cookie Monster Mike
Quality is always my first and most important concern in the purchase of a sex toy, or other type of product on EF. Luxury is also important depending on what I am buying. I wouldn't want a silicone dildo after all if it was shaped like a ...
Exactly. Quality is more important, what's the use if a expensive luxury toy cannot deliver what it was meant for.
01/31/2012
Master DarkWolf Master DarkWolf
Quality is enough I think.
02/07/2012
Total posts: 15
Unique posters: 12