Registration/warranty

Registration/warranty

LilyLust LilyLust
I recently received a toy and on the back of the box it had info on it for registering with the companies site and obtaining a warranty on the toy.

I was wondering if a lot of companies do this, and if anyone actually take advantage of the warranty?

I'm not sure about it because you have to pay for shipping.
05/26/2009
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Carrie Ann Carrie Ann
Quote:
Originally posted by LilyLust
I recently received a toy and on the back of the box it had info on it for registering with the companies site and obtaining a warranty on the toy.

I was wondering if a lot of companies do this, and if anyone actually take advantage of the ...
For me it depends upon the price/value of the toy.

I'm not going to pay half the value of the toy in shipping to get a new one if the first one fails. But if it's a high end toy? You betcha!
05/26/2009
Sammi Sammi
I've seen a lot of companies do this, but it does depend on the price of the toy.

$15 shipping for a $20 toy? Nope, not going to use the warranty.
The same $15 for a $70+ toy? I will definitely register the toy for the warranty.
05/26/2009
bodymodboy bodymodboy
Quote:
Originally posted by LilyLust
I recently received a toy and on the back of the box it had info on it for registering with the companies site and obtaining a warranty on the toy.

I was wondering if a lot of companies do this, and if anyone actually take advantage of the ...
I tend to do warranty on these sorts of things: sex toys, tvs, headphones (skullcandy, all the way), expensive items that cost more than 100 dollars.

I think more toys should come with warranties and you can activate it!
05/26/2009
Liz2 Liz2
I know its redundant, but I always base the use of a warranty vs price and shipping.
By the way, you don't have to register a product to use the warranty, just save the card and poof of purchase if needed. By registering a product and providing all the info requested, your mailbox will be filled with all kinds of offers for the next two years.
05/26/2009
LilyLust LilyLust
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz2
I know its redundant, but I always base the use of a warranty vs price and shipping.
By the way, you don't have to register a product to use the warranty, just save the card and poof of purchase if needed. By registering a product and ...
I get enough "offers" as it is.

I definatly think it's only worth it for the more high end stuff.
05/26/2009
Adriana Ravenlust Adriana Ravenlust
I've only registered one thing, I think and it was mostly for the hell of it. If registration is advertised prominently, I will likely do it.
05/26/2009
Tuesday Tuesday
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz2
I know its redundant, but I always base the use of a warranty vs price and shipping.
By the way, you don't have to register a product to use the warranty, just save the card and poof of purchase if needed. By registering a product and ...
Perhaps this is a reason not to register. The last thing I want is for sex toy ads to come to the house addressed to me when my son is home from college.
05/26/2009
LilyLust LilyLust
Quote:
Originally posted by Tuesday
Perhaps this is a reason not to register. The last thing I want is for sex toy ads to come to the house addressed to me when my son is home from college.
now that would be priceless! Can you imagine the look on his face?
05/27/2009
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 7