Fleece as a throe alternative?

Fleece as a throe alternative?

Alicia Alicia
I've been wanting a liberator throe for quite some time, but my husband seems to think it's a waste and wouldn't really get used. I kind of understand what he's saying since we rarely even remember to pull out the liberator wedge anymore and it just kind of sits there or acts as a back cushion for me while watching tv in bed. Anyway, I started remembering these fleece blankets that I've made for my kids, they've had them since they were babies and I remember how when they were in diapers if there was a leak it never went through the fleece blankets. I'm wondering if maybe I made a fleece blanket for our bed, if that would maybe work to keep the sheets dry.

I'm not really a squirter, sometimes I gush, but I was thinking that maybe this is because I'm subconsciously holding back so that I don't make a mess all over the sheets. I don't really want to spend the money on a throe if it's not going to get used, so I was basically wondering what you all thought fleece would do. Think it would keep the sheets dry? It'd be about two levels of polar fleece. If we end up using it a lot maybe we'll someday get a throe, but then again..if this works...there might not really be a point.
01/09/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Annemarie Annemarie
Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia
I've been wanting a liberator throe for quite some time, but my husband seems to think it's a waste and wouldn't really get used. I kind of understand what he's saying since we rarely even remember to pull out the liberator wedge ...
You could do two layers of fleece, but in the middle of them put like... a waterproof (i.e. plastic) sheet, like you'd use for kids who wet the bed. From what I understand, that's pretty much what a throe is.
01/09/2011
Tori Rebel Tori Rebel
Quote:
Originally posted by Annemarie
You could do two layers of fleece, but in the middle of them put like... a waterproof (i.e. plastic) sheet, like you'd use for kids who wet the bed. From what I understand, that's pretty much what a throe is.
I agree. There's actually a fabric (I think it's called PUL but I could easily be wrong)- it's used on cloth feminine hygeine supplies as a waterproof inner layer. That may work?
01/09/2011
ToyGeek ToyGeek
Polarfleece, while not waterproof, wicks moisture and washes well, so as long as you're going to fold it up and remove it from the bed right afterwards, it should do the job you want.
01/09/2011
Gunsmoke Gunsmoke
For my wife and I - pulling out the Throe is the first thing we do. It's been years since either of us had to sleep on 'the wet spot'.

It may not seem spontaneous, but I will throw it on the bed before she comes up - when she climbs into bed there's no doubt in her mind - what I have in mind!
01/10/2011
Misfit Momma Misfit Momma
I use fleece pants and covers for my daughter over her cloth diapers, and all of my cloth pads are fleece backed (more breathable and they don't slide around like pul backed pads)

Like ToyGeek said it isn't 100% waterproof so your sheets still may get a little damp if you only use one layer but it could work.

You could easily make a no sew fleece throw by tying knots all the way around to make it look nice! I think I might try this... currently using a soaker pad I "borrowed" from the hospital when I had my baby Works well!
01/10/2011
Kim! Kim!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tori Rebel
I agree. There's actually a fabric (I think it's called PUL but I could easily be wrong)- it's used on cloth feminine hygeine supplies as a waterproof inner layer. That may work?
I'm pretty sure that you're right with the name. It sounds incredibly familiar from my son's cloth diaper days.
01/10/2011
married with children married with children
we use a waterproof mattress cover we picked up for $20. works great. never thought of using fleece. Sounds like a good idea.
01/11/2011
Alicia Alicia
Quote:
Originally posted by Kim!
I'm pretty sure that you're right with the name. It sounds incredibly familiar from my son's cloth diaper days.
Yes, once she mentioned it I remembered from the cloth diapering days too, I should try to find some of that!
01/13/2011
Total posts: 9
Unique posters: 8