Eden Arts and Crafts Monthly Meeting: Monday, Dec 5th, 2011 @ 8pm EST.

Eden Arts and Crafts Monthly Meeting: Monday, Dec 5th, 2011 @ 8pm EST.

Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Hey everyone! It's that time again! Well, time for the meeting AND time for all of those holiday crafts! Are you making things to give as gifts to your loved ones? Making ornaments for your tree or other decorations for a lovely holiday season? Well, time to share all of the nifty things you've been up to!

Our topics will include what we've been up to since the last meeting, ideas for holiday and seasonal gifts and crafts, and the new projects and contests going on!

In case you missed it in the threads, aliceinthehole has posted about a lovely Artist Trading Card swap, and we have a wonderful fan art contest that's open to anyone who wants to show a little Eden love!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
11/28/2011
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Backdoor Ecstasy! Opulent Anal Gift Set For $60
  • Lover's Touch! Deluxe Massage Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Hey everyone! It's that time again! Well, time for the meeting AND time for all of those holiday crafts! Are you making things to give as gifts to your loved ones? Making ornaments for your tree or other decorations for a lovely holiday season? ...
i'll be here! with bells on.
11/28/2011
Lickable Lollie Lickable Lollie
I hope I remember to log on!
12/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
I'll be here!
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Yay hooray! It's arts and crafts day!

Is there an official snack today? Alice made me leave the community planning meeting last time to get ice cream... I'm thinking I should head to the store now so nobody can make my mouth water...
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Yay hooray! It's arts and crafts day!

Is there an official snack today? Alice made me leave the community planning meeting last time to get ice cream... I'm thinking I should head to the store now so nobody can make my mouth water...
I have brownies!!!! I wish I had some ice cream to top them though.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
I have brownies!!!! I wish I had some ice cream to top them though.
Mmmm.

I am really craving some green-tea-flavored dessert*, like cheesecake or something today. I wonder if I could make green tea blondies.

I bet they would be ugly as sin, though.


* Probably because of

which I have a huge crush on.
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Anyone want to see the model we made this week which is completely off topic from the meeting today? Its not lit correctly but I have a picture I took before we took it down.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Anyone want to see the model we made this week which is completely off topic from the meeting today? Its not lit correctly but I have a picture I took before we took it down.
Yes!
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87


Keep in mind the lighting is just room lighting and not how itll be filmed and comped in. Every single piece is made from scratch. You can do a lot with Popsicle sticks, plastic and foam boards on a next to nothing budget.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87


Keep in mind the lighting is just room lighting and not how itll be filmed and comped in. Every single piece is made from scratch. You can do a lot with Popsicle sticks, plastic and foam boards on a next to nothing budget. ...
Wow---you guys are amazing. The floorboards and bricks are completely lifelike.
12/05/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Yay!

It's almost time!

12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Wow---you guys are amazing. The floorboards and bricks are completely lifelike.
The floor is Popsicle sticks! He sent us a photo of the other one we did and it looked huge when he lit it correctly. It lookS awesome, we were blown away. So I have a feeling itll look really long and deep once its lit and filmed. Especially when he comps in the actors walking through. I wish I could post the video of the spaceships we made for the guy for another project, I dont have them on hand, its insane what they did.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
The floor is Popsicle sticks! He sent us a photo of the other one we did and it looked huge when he lit it correctly. It lookS awesome, we were blown away. So I have a feeling itll look really long and deep once its lit and filmed. Especially when he ...
I've seriously been way more interested in the movie industry since meeting you It seems like you're working magic, to somebody like me.
12/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87


Keep in mind the lighting is just room lighting and not how itll be filmed and comped in. Every single piece is made from scratch. You can do a lot with Popsicle sticks, plastic and foam boards on a next to nothing budget. ...
Holy cow, that is super impressive!
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
I've seriously been way more interested in the movie industry since meeting you It seems like you're working magic, to somebody like me.
Thats how I felt before I went to school, just talking to people who worked in the industry. Seeing what you can get away with effects. But after being in it for 3 years, I have trouble watching movies sometimes because the magic is ruined a little bit. You know how things are done, and if its bad you get really taken out of the movie. Things I probably wouldnt have noticed before, like seams on fat pieces or whatever, I see them now and I cant concentrate on anything else. So its a fun industry but also kind of irritating in that aspect. And you also hear stories about actors and directors that make you hate them.
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Jul!a
Holy cow, that is super impressive!
Thanks, its what I do when Im not on Eden. hehe.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Thats how I felt before I went to school, just talking to people who worked in the industry. Seeing what you can get away with effects. But after being in it for 3 years, I have trouble watching movies sometimes because the magic is ruined a little ...
Ohhhh, I can imagine that. I would have a hard time in an industry where everything was so name-oriented.
12/05/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
30 more minutes! Yay!

Glad to see a bunch of you are here and already getting started on cool conversations about craftsy things.

Starkiller87 shows us all up once again!
12/05/2011
Jul!a Jul!a
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Thats how I felt before I went to school, just talking to people who worked in the industry. Seeing what you can get away with effects. But after being in it for 3 years, I have trouble watching movies sometimes because the magic is ruined a little ...
My husband is a mechanic and he has a similar problem with cars. He can't just go for a ride and stare out the window, he's always diagnosing whatever vehicle he's in.
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
30 more minutes! Yay!

Glad to see a bunch of you are here and already getting started on cool conversations about craftsy things.

Starkiller87 shows us all up once again!
Pffft, dont say it that way. You guys are insanely talented and I always wish I could do things a lot of you can that I cant. Im just good in other areas, that are less common. And not even good by real world standards, there are some crazy talented people out there who make me look like a punk.

If I could knit half as good as you my fingers wouldnt be covered in splinters and crazy glue right now. And if I could take pictures half as haunting and lovely as alice I would probably be able to afford a new computer. Or if I could write even a quarter as well as Antipova I could get my novel done and sell it.

Plus you guys dont probably owe 40k in art school loans.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Haha... artsy... I am currently stitching some patches into my boyfriend's favorite pair of pants. They look like he should have put them to rest two years ago. But he still looks awesome in them, so a few more long-john linings it is!
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87
Pffft, dont say it that way. You guys are insanely talented and I always wish I could do things a lot of you can that I cant. Im just good in other areas, that are less common. And not even good by real world standards, there are some crazy talented ...
Aw, you're sweet---but the only thing I get in exchange for writing is sex toys But that makes me happy enough!
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Aw, you're sweet---but the only thing I get in exchange for writing is sex toys But that makes me happy enough!
I dont think I think about the money aspect of selling a book but the fact that when I was younger or a kid this is something I wish was out there to read. I think of it that way when I write.
12/05/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Antipova
Yay hooray! It's arts and crafts day!

Is there an official snack today? Alice made me leave the community planning meeting last time to get ice cream... I'm thinking I should head to the store now so nobody can make my mouth water...
i have ice cream too! and have been munching kettle corn that i got saturday on my date with a girlfriend at the downtown outdoor ice skating rink...

we drank margaritas afterwards and then...


i kissed a girl! and i liked it!

shhh....
12/05/2011
aliceinthehole aliceinthehole
Quote:
Originally posted by Starkiller87


Keep in mind the lighting is just room lighting and not how itll be filmed and comped in. Every single piece is made from scratch. You can do a lot with Popsicle sticks, plastic and foam boards on a next to nothing budget. ...
that looks so fucking real! great job. popsicle sticks? i'm wowed.
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
that looks so fucking real! great job. popsicle sticks? i'm wowed.
Thanks, I wish there were popsicles attached to all those sticks before I cut them but than Id probably have gone into a sugar coma.
12/05/2011
Starkiller87 Starkiller87
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
that looks so fucking real! great job. popsicle sticks? i'm wowed.
I reviewed the Hi-waist thing the other day when it came in. Did you see? link I think you should get it still.
12/05/2011
Antipova Antipova
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i have ice cream too! and have been munching kettle corn that i got saturday on my date with a girlfriend at the downtown outdoor ice skating rink...

we drank margaritas afterwards and then...


i kissed a girl! and i liked it! ...


(I can't just wink? Character limit? Promise I'm not spam!)
12/05/2011
Dawn (Lilac Distraction) Dawn (Lilac Distraction)
Quote:
Originally posted by aliceinthehole
i have ice cream too! and have been munching kettle corn that i got saturday on my date with a girlfriend at the downtown outdoor ice skating rink...

we drank margaritas afterwards and then...


i kissed a girl! and i liked it! ...


Hey, you. Yeah, you.

12/05/2011
Total posts: 195
Unique posters: 10