do you bring a lunch to work or go out to eat?

do you bring a lunch to work or go out to eat?

married with children married with children
Do you bring a sack lunch to work with you? Either to save money or because there are no good places to eat around your job. Or do you go out to eat every day?

I try to bring a lunch every day. Part of it is to save money. The other part is because I only get 30 minutes to eat, and I dont want to eat fast food.
08/03/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Acorn Acorn
Quote:
Originally posted by married with children
Do you bring a sack lunch to work with you? Either to save money or because there are no good places to eat around your job. Or do you go out to eat every day?

I try to bring a lunch every day. Part of it is to save money. The other part ...
I definitely take my lunch because it's a lot cheaper.
08/03/2011
NaturalWoman NaturalWoman
Definitely try to bring my own to save money but sadly end up buying most of the time
08/03/2011
GravyCakes GravyCakes
when i had a full time job 2 summers ago, i would drive home for lunch.
08/04/2011
BabyL0ve BabyL0ve
I bring my own lunch. I hate spending $5 on a small burrito. Everything is so expensive
08/04/2011
Rossie Rossie
If we have a lot of leftover from dinner, my husband will save it for his next day's lunch, or else he'll grab a burger.
08/04/2011
Lilitu Lilitu
Both, depends.
08/04/2011
slynch slynch
i bring something almost every day
08/04/2011
P'Gell P'Gell
When I used to work outside the home, I nearly always brought a lunch. It's too expensive to eat out every day, and defeats the purpose for which I was working.

My Man started bringing his lunch most days about 4 or 5 years ago, when the economy tanking was getting really bad. He used to buy breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria at work every day, and I had to point out to him how much it was costing. The kids and I don't go out to eat every day, so he realized the savings. Also, I'm a good cook so he usually has something yummy to show off to the other guys.

My children only get school lunch once or twice a week or less. Not only are the school lunches not that great, but they can bring whatever they want and save the entire family money by making and bringing home lunch.

We are one of only 6% of the people in our district who pay full price for lunches for the kids (the other 94% get "free" or reduced cost lunches, and most of them get it every day. How damn hard is it to make a sandwich, throw in a juice box, some cookies and a piece of fruit for your kid from time to time?) But, also, all the lunches are subsidized somehow by the state and the district, so we do our part by paying full price and only occasionally buying school lunch. I also like to think it is instilling a sense of responsibility in my kids.
08/04/2011
darthkitt3n darthkitt3n
I usually bring some food from home, though occasionally I will just buy something for lunch at work, since I work in a grocery store. I used to go out for lunch some times with my boyfriend, but not anymore.
08/04/2011
Redboxbaby Redboxbaby
Everyone in our household is packing...lunch that is. It is far too expensive to eat out everyday for my husband and I. When we go out, we prefer a sit down meal; we try to avoid fast food at all costs.

My son ate lunch at school once, in the 3rd grade; he hated it. To this day (he's a junior in high school), he will not touch hot lunch at school. He would prefer to go hungry. His lunches are much like ours, leftovers from dinner the night before. And he is all about the spaghetti, pot roast and mashed potatoes, pork loin sandwiches, and the occasional peanut butter and honey. Often, he will come home and comment that his friends would rather pay for a lunch like his. They pay $4.00 for a TV dinner style meal (it comes in a cardboard box with sealed plastic over the top that has been warmed - not cooked - for about 30 minutes prior to eating).

When I was teaching, I forgot my lunch one day and was subjected to it. It was burrito day, I figured it couldn't be that bad. I never forgot my lunch after that!

We always make extra at dinner for lunches the next day.
08/04/2011
TheeGirlNextDoor TheeGirlNextDoor
Quote:
Originally posted by Acorn
I definitely take my lunch because it's a lot cheaper.
Me to!
08/04/2011
froggiemoma froggiemoma
when i worked i would buy my lunch
08/04/2011
Total posts: 13
Unique posters: 13