Your Donations During the Holidays

Your Donations During the Holidays

BuckeyeGal04 BuckeyeGal04
I think it's so rewarding to give to others, and during the holidays, to me, giving just has an extra special feel of gratification for a person or family who just needs a lift. It doesn't even have to be monetary. I may be volunteering your time and services.

Do you make an effort to "pay it forward" with selfless acts of kindness during the holidays? If you do, feel free to share how you give back to your community. Don't worry. It's not bragging. It's the spirit of inspiring others!
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Call me Scrooge.
idunshire
1  (6%)
Hmmm. I haven't thought about it before.
I mean this in all sincerety, I would if I could, but my own demands and/or constraints make it impossible.
darthkitt3n , Pink Jewel , SilverIsis , dv8 , Stinkytofu10 , TheSlyFox
6  (38%)
Of course! Spread the cheer!
badk1tty , BuckeyeGal04 , Drakoni , Ghost , T&A1987
5  (31%)
I haven't planned anything, but I commit to making a spontaneous random act of kindness or senseless acts of beauty this year.
Kkay , philly , xyrella , poetprincess
4  (25%)
Total votes: 16
Poll is closed
12/14/2011
  • Save 20% on Luxury Toys
  • Save 70%. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Save 50% on Selected Items
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
T&A1987 T&A1987
i always try to give some toys to toys for tots. this year though i donated them to a group collecting toys for children with parents in Iraq or Afghanistan.
12/14/2011
badk1tty badk1tty
Quote:
Originally posted by BuckeyeGal04
I think it's so rewarding to give to others, and during the holidays, to me, giving just has an extra special feel of gratification for a person or family who just needs a lift. It doesn't even have to be monetary. I may be volunteering ...
I don't believe things like this only happen during certain times of years. Kindness isn't just from Mid-November through December.
12/14/2011
Kkay Kkay
Being financially solvent is a new thing for me, but I give when and where I reasonably can. I've been in bad situations before, and I will always see that when I look at people who need help.
12/14/2011
philly philly
if you got it share it
12/14/2011
darthkitt3n darthkitt3n
I was planning on buying toys for kids through a few programs, but I just don't have the money right now. I recently had to go to the doctor and am facing the possibility of surgery, so I do need to save as much of my paychecks as I can to pay my bills.
12/14/2011
BuckeyeGal04 BuckeyeGal04
Quote:
Originally posted by darthkitt3n
I was planning on buying toys for kids through a few programs, but I just don't have the money right now. I recently had to go to the doctor and am facing the possibility of surgery, so I do need to save as much of my paychecks as I can to pay my ...
Awe. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out well for you!
12/15/2011
Pink Jewel Pink Jewel
Money is usually an issue with helping.
12/15/2011
Drakoni Drakoni
My circumstances make donations difficult, but I still manage to do a few things. If nothing else, I clean/organize and pull things I don't need any longer to donate or give to friends.
12/15/2011
poetprincess poetprincess
I hardly have enough money for my kids and I to live off of. I wish I could help other but I just get frustrated due to the fact that whenever we have been in trouble and struggling we could never get help. yet I know people who are living off state money and disability who also work and they are always getting free stuff and help even when it is not the holidays..
12/15/2011
BuckeyeGal04 BuckeyeGal04
Quote:
Originally posted by Drakoni
My circumstances make donations difficult, but I still manage to do a few things. If nothing else, I clean/organize and pull things I don't need any longer to donate or give to friends.
That's great that you find an alternative way to help others!! Good for you!
12/15/2011
Stinkytofu10 Stinkytofu10
Quote:
Originally posted by BuckeyeGal04
I think it's so rewarding to give to others, and during the holidays, to me, giving just has an extra special feel of gratification for a person or family who just needs a lift. It doesn't even have to be monetary. I may be volunteering ...
I really want to donate to Wikipedia, too bad we are not in the best financial situation right now.
12/24/2011
Total posts: 12
Unique posters: 10