Originally posted by
Anyone have a yummy butter chicken recipe they care to share?
- skinned chicken breast, cut into squares
- cumin (seeds)
- black pepper
- red/green chilies
- half & half or heavy cream
- lime juice
- dried fenugreek leaves
- bay leaf
1. Heat oil in a pan and add onions, garlic and chilies to fry.
2. In a separate bowl, add yogurt, cumin, pepper and lime juice and allow it to marinate.
3. As the mixture in the pan gets golden to your choice, add chicken marinade and allow that to fry.
4. Add dried fenugreek leaves, bay leaf, salt, pepper and additionally yogurt and let it simmer.
5. Once the mixture has thickened, you can add half & half/heavy cream and lime juice slowly.
6. Let it simmer for a few more minutes.
7. Season to your taste and turn off the heat.
Hope that works.