How to Supress Gag Reflex?

How to Supress Gag Reflex?

maskineri maskineri
I do like giving head, I really do, but I know that guys like it when you take it completely down the throat, which still seems the problem for me, because of the gagging reflex.
Are there any tips or tricks on how to fight it?
12/05/2010
  • Save 80% on Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Backdoor Ecstasy! Opulent Anal Gift Set For $60
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Kayla Kayla
Personally, I've found no way to get rid of your gag reflex. From what I know, most people can't get rid of it. However, if you relax your throat, it won't feel nearly as "pressing" which will allow you to take the penis farther down your throat. It's still going to feel very awkward though and may still make you feel like you want to gag. The biggest thing really is that you have to relax though.

Also some women find it a lot easier to deep throat in certain positions - especially with ones where throat is comfortably aligned with the angle of penetration. For this reason, most women usually find they can deep throat more easily with their head hanging off the bed while laying on their backs. However, this position doesn't give you much control over him either.

I've honestly only done it a couple times, and while he did seem to enjoy it, he said it wasn't phenomenal or anything, so don't worry too much if you can't. There are much more pleasurable things you could do with yorur mouth than just deep throating.

If you still want help after people answer here on the forum, you can check out some of the books/videos here on EF. Tristan Taormino has information about it in her "Advanced Fellatio" movie. I haven't read the book, so I can't say with 100% certainty, but I believe Violet Blue includes information on deep throating in her Guide to Fellatio book.
12/05/2010
closed account closed account
I've heard stuff like spray chloroseptic on your throat, or suck on cough drop. However i have never tried either.
12/05/2010
Waterfall Waterfall
I'm not really sure how to supress it, but relaxing and taking it slow when needed are the best way.
12/05/2010
Shellz31 Shellz31
You can get a spray which is called - Comfortably Numb Deep Throat Spray.
I got the mint chocolate which is yummy.
Unfortunately Eden doesn't seem to sell it.
12/05/2010
Alegria Alegria
Act like you're yawning. Feel that openness in the back of your throat? Practice this a couple times before you go down on him, so you can shift into it easily. That's the best trick I've found =)
12/05/2010
~LaUr3n~ ~LaUr3n~
I have taught myself to control my gag reflex, but honestly, you wouldn't want to learn the way I did. It can be done, but I recommend trying a product first.
12/05/2010
Love Buzz Love Buzz
Quote:
Originally posted by Shellz31
You can get a spray which is called - Comfortably Numb Deep Throat Spray.
I got the mint chocolate which is yummy.
Unfortunately Eden doesn't seem to sell it.
there's a reason why they don't, numbing, whether its anal or oral can lead to injury. Like if you bit on your lip after having dental work - it doesn't hurt when you do it, but next day your in pain.

It was a painful, but worth while lesson I learned after trying to deep throat after gargling numbing mouthwash. It also turned him numb and was a complete disaster.
12/05/2010
maskineri maskineri
Mistress Kay, thanks a lot for such a detailed information!
Alegria, yawning trick sounds really nice, I'll try it next time, thanks!
~LaUr3n~, now my curiosity will not allow me sleep peacefully. Please, share your learning experience!
BTW, I found here a similar product that you were talking about. Judging by reviews, it works, at least, a little bit.
12/06/2010
LavenderSkies LavenderSkies
Quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
Personally, I've found no way to get rid of your gag reflex. From what I know, most people can't get rid of it. However, if you relax your throat, it won't feel nearly as "pressing" which will allow you to take the penis farther ...
Good info
12/15/2010
Kiwi Kiwi
I have a really active gag reflex and I don't really think it's worth it to try and get rid of it. Learn how to give a really good handjob with some mouth involved and most men will be happy
12/15/2010
Owl Identified Owl Identified
Quote:
Originally posted by Love Buzz
there's a reason why they don't, numbing, whether its anal or oral can lead to injury. Like if you bit on your lip after having dental work - it doesn't hurt when you do it, but next day your in pain.

It was a painful, but worth ...
Very glad you said that! I know that Eden has a policy about selling numbing products like that, for the reason you stated.
12/15/2010
darkkitty darkkitty
Quote:
Originally posted by maskineri
I do like giving head, I really do, but I know that guys like it when you take it completely down the throat, which still seems the problem for me, because of the gagging reflex.
Are there any tips or tricks on how to fight it?
I lay on my back whith head over the edge of the bed.
12/15/2010
RemusHalifax RemusHalifax
I still have a problem with this, but I'm kind of a beginner, I guess. This seems like really valid advice though. Hope it works out for you and maybe I'll try some of this myself.
12/15/2010
kfdarling kfdarling
Quote:
Originally posted by ~LaUr3n~
I have taught myself to control my gag reflex, but honestly, you wouldn't want to learn the way I did. It can be done, but I recommend trying a product first.
So seriously how did you learn?
03/08/2011
kfdarling kfdarling
As a guy the deeper you seem to take it the bigger the turn on however, no guy likes to have a girl toss her cookies during a blow job...
03/08/2011
allehcat allehcat
I personally don't have a gag reflex, but this comes up a lot with my friends. I've been told that once you blow them for like 10 minutes, your throat will sometimes relax enough to let you go further.

They also have numbing sprays for oral specifically, such as "Comfortably Numb". One of my friends actually uses "Pill Glide" which is meant for swallowing medicine. lol she says it tastes the best and numbs.
03/09/2011
Total posts: 17
Unique posters: 15