Hitachi Wands: Are they worth the hype?

Hitachi Wands: Are they worth the hype?

DancerKittyKat DancerKittyKat

Photo Credit

Hitachi Wands (now called "The Magic Wand Orginal") are often considered the vibrator to which no other vibrator can compare. However, the wand is not waterproof, the wand is not quiet, and the wand is not cheap. Do you think it's worth the hype?
Answers (public voting - your screen name will appear in the results):
Sugarfina , Creepellah , Mr. E , Lena Eden , TheSlyFox , Lauren Greenberg , aphroditelady , AmethystQueen , icyqueen , ElizaStarr , AlaskanBeauty
11  (46%)
OH&W, Lovebears , Jess , elanwy , kinky-boots-fan , OhDaisy , augma , LovingIt , Stellar , merc41
9  (38%)
Inquisitor , wist , Justbeingme2007 , 20yearstogether
4  (17%)
Total votes: 24
Poll is open
09/25/2016
  • Buy 1 Toy, Get 2 FREE
  • Sexy Treats For Her! Gorgeous Gift Set For $60
  • Spoil Him! Luxury Gift Set for Men For $60
  • The Complete Lovers Kit! Expert Couples Gift Set For $60
  • Orgasmic SEXtember Kit! Buy 2 For 85% Off
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
DancerKittyKat DancerKittyKat
Also, some find this vibrator too strong and without enough variation.
09/25/2016
MrClark MrClark
I've read discussions that the vibrations are so powerful they can cause permanent nerve damage if used for too long or too often. We have no experience personally with the toy so can't really comment. I know PolyLove has one and reviewed it.
09/25/2016
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
There are many other now days. And many current reviews on the newer models. Of course EF has a ton of different ones on their wand page.
Some are waterproof, have patterns, different sizes, rechargeable and innovated.

The EF Air Flirt although not a wand is very powerful and and has a clit sucking arm.

OW has the Eden Vibrating, OMW (Hitachi), Air Flirt, EF Magic Force and EF Pretty Love which she named Mini-Me. The OMW was her original but currently only use 2-4 times a yr.

The OMW is good when she needs intense and I mean intense vibe-ing. Or if she is in a hurry.
09/26/2016
MrClark MrClark
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
There are many other now days. And many current reviews on the newer models. Of course EF has a ton of different ones on their wand page.
Some are waterproof, have patterns, different sizes, rechargeable and innovated.

The EF Air Flirt ...
Sorry, had forgotten you all had reviewed numerous wand toys...
09/26/2016
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
Quote:
Originally posted by MrClark
Sorry, had forgotten you all had reviewed numerous wand toys...
Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to come off that way. Just joining the conversation before going to watch the Presidential Debate Circus. While we're at it. What do you think about them not letting the other 2 join in. I thought it would have been nice for America to have other options. You can pm me instead of me getting
09/26/2016
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by DancerKittyKat
Also, some find this vibrator too strong and without enough variation.
I have to agree with that point! I own one and it has two speeds - both highly intense. I have to warm up to it first or I feel like I'm getting a "forced orgasm." It is really really strong. I am glad I bought it but I dont think it's everyone's cup of tea, and certainly not for every sex scenario.
09/27/2016
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by MrClark
I've read discussions that the vibrations are so powerful they can cause permanent nerve damage if used for too long or too often. We have no experience personally with the toy so can't really comment. I know PolyLove has one and reviewed it.
Shoot, I would believe that, definitely. Especially vibrators like these.
09/27/2016
DancerKittyKat DancerKittyKat
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to come off that way. Just joining the conversation before going to watch the Presidential Debate Circus. While we're at it. What do you think about them not letting the other 2 join in. I thought it would have been ...
Yes, circus is the right word.

It does frustrate me how we've gotten so stuck with the democrats vs. republicans mindset. I'm sure many people would like to have other options. The problem is, third parties don't the get publicity needed to reach poll numbers that would let them debate. That being said, there really is no chance of third party candidates winning the election. I know a lot of people aren't happy with either candidate, but America really can't avoid a certain someone winning the election! If people are choosing to vote for a third party, they are essentially giving a vote to Trump.

But yes, our country needs to take a good hard look at the political parties and the whole election process in general.
09/28/2016
DancerKittyKat DancerKittyKat
Quote:
Originally posted by Sugarfina
I have to agree with that point! I own one and it has two speeds - both highly intense. I have to warm up to it first or I feel like I'm getting a "forced orgasm." It is really really strong. I am glad I bought it but I dont think ...
Wow, that does sound extremely intense. However, the idea of my Dom giving me forced orgasms does sound pretty sexy...
09/28/2016
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by DancerKittyKat
Yes, circus is the right word.

It does frustrate me how we've gotten so stuck with the democrats vs. republicans mindset. I'm sure many people would like to have other options. The problem is, third parties don't the get ...
Love this comment. I'm a Bernie supporter aka independent/third party supporter. I'll be voting for Hillary though. (I know this is off topic but I dont care. So glad to read I'm not the only one here with this view. I know there are a lot of us.)

Also yeah. Im kind of a kinkster when it comes to forced orgasms. Something about them I like... a little too much. Probably why I like my Hitachi so much.
09/28/2016
Inquisitor Inquisitor
I can't really say. While there are many types of wand vibrators on the market, they are all different. For example, take the Original Magic Wand, there are at least two different models you can still pick up on the open market today. One is cord less and has a few more settings and the other is corded and looks very much like the one the O.P. used in the original post.

Even luxury manufacturer Lelo has gotten in on the trend with their version of the Magic Wand and I can't forget Eden with theirs which can be found at this link . Pick it up, it's on sale!
09/29/2016
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by Inquisitor
I can't really say. While there are many types of wand vibrators on the market, they are all different. For example, take the Original Magic Wand, there are at least two different models you can still pick up on the open market today. One is cord ...
I love that EF recreated the Hitachi style vibrator in purple! I'd really like to get myself a rechargeable Hitachi. I do kind of fear losing the cord though. I've done it before with multiple vibrators during moving and wont be able to ever use them again... unless there are replacement chargers (Does anyone know where I can get a replacement adapter/charger cord for the LoveHoney Happy Rabbit made in 2013?).
09/29/2016
DancerKittyKat DancerKittyKat
I'm always worried to buy items from eBay since the quality is typically unknown.
09/29/2016
Sugarfina Sugarfina
Quote:
Originally posted by DancerKittyKat
I'm always worried to buy items from eBay since the quality is typically unknown.
That's a good point.
09/30/2016
kinky-boots-fan kinky-boots-fan
I've always wanted to try the mind shattering wand but I've got two issues with it. The very real fear of nerve damage and the noise it makes. This is not dorm room friendly. I've been looking for something similar but without the risks.
10/02/2016
MrClark MrClark
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
Oh, sorry. Didn't mean to come off that way. Just joining the conversation before going to watch the Presidential Debate Circus. While we're at it. What do you think about them not letting the other 2 join in. I thought it would have been ...
It honestly slipped my mind, considering I've read all your wand reviews... more upset with myself Sent you a PM, but agree definitely a circus and had really hoped at least Gary Johnson would be in the debates if only to make it more interesting. I don't think there are any good candidates, but all of them are better than Trump.
10/03/2016
MrClark MrClark
Quote:
Originally posted by kinky-boots-fan
I've always wanted to try the mind shattering wand but I've got two issues with it. The very real fear of nerve damage and the noise it makes. This is not dorm room friendly. I've been looking for something similar but without the risks.
I think all of the wand style vibrators are significantly loud, likely due to the size of the vibrating component. I have yet to find any scientific/peer reviewed studies indicating actual nerve damage from vibrator use; however, with the possibility there... will definitely keep looking.

It sounds like the Lelo Smart Wand due it's low RPM rumbly power is far quieter than most wands. As in some people have commented it sounds like a regular vibrator that's batteries have run out.
10/03/2016
LovingIt LovingIt
We love ours - it's a great starting point in a massage using it on the lower back, butt, thighs, etc. The wands are strong enough to push the vibrations through your body. However we rarely use it for direct stimulation as we have other vibrators that are more accurate.
11/24/2016
Mrs.Giggity Mrs.Giggity
This is my #1 toy of choice. I had never seen these before and once I saw what it does..OMG!!! I had to have it. I have been without one for close to a year and I can't wait to get another. I will be buying 2 of these. This is one toy I can't live without. There are different variations of this toy, so if this particular one is too intense for some, they can try one of those. There are some that have up to 20 different patterns and vibrations. I like to have one of each. The original only has 2 settings, high and low. Every woman should try at one version of these toys. Men look them on their balls too.
12/18/2016
TheSlyFox TheSlyFox
I LOVE my hitachi! I bought a dimmer switch for it and it is wonderful, it makes it an even better toy
03/16/2017
Lena Eden Lena Eden
Quote:
Originally posted by TheSlyFox
I LOVE my hitachi! I bought a dimmer switch for it and it is wonderful, it makes it an even better toy
If you've ever wondered about new ways you can use your wand, try the attachments!
05/16/2017
MDC4 MDC4
I couldn't live without mine. It is really strong, but definitely my favorite.
05/26/2017
sophienighting sophienighting
Quote:
Originally posted by OH&W, Lovebears
There are many other now days. And many current reviews on the newer models. Of course EF has a ton of different ones on their wand page.
Some are waterproof, have patterns, different sizes, rechargeable and innovated.

The EF Air Flirt ...
I am looking for a super high powered "hitachi" style wand. Where did she get the OMW? I only orgasm from strong clitoral stimulation. Thanks!
07/06/2017
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
Quote:
Originally posted by sophienighting
I am looking for a super high powered "hitachi" style wand. Where did she get the OMW? I only orgasm from strong clitoral stimulation. Thanks!
Eden carrys it and a few more. Click Sex Toys on top of this page then massagers.

You're welcome!
Every good orgasm deserves another
07/06/2017
AmethystQueen AmethystQueen
I am totally biased as this is the only one I've ever had, but it made me squirt so that goes down as the best ever in my book. It does have its issues, like being clunky and short cord, but it is right on point with power delivery! I have to actually pace myself or else I'll get so tired I need a nap after. The O's it pulls out of me though can be so addicting. JUS' GIVE ME ANOTHER HIT!
07/28/2017
OH&W, Lovebears OH&W, Lovebears
Quote:
Originally posted by AmethystQueen
I am totally biased as this is the only one I've ever had, but it made me squirt so that goes down as the best ever in my book. It does have its issues, like being clunky and short cord, but it is right on point with power delivery! I have to ...
OW plugs her s into a power strip. The 2 cords combined make it long enough.
07/28/2017
merc41 merc41
After reasearching wands I settled on the LELO brand. Honestly the best thing I ever done for my wife. We have two the medium and the large. Both are 8 speed and 8 vibe variations. Very quiet,powerful,recharg eable, touch sensative and the medium size is insertable.Expensive but worth it and warrentyed.I don't recomend alot but these are well worth the money.
08/04/2017
20yearstogether 20yearstogether
It is a GREAT addition to the collection but I am sure it is NOT for everyone! If you get of easily this is most likely too much. If you have a hard time it may not be enough. It is kinda ugly & quite loud (no kids at home so we don't care). I like my attachment, she prefers just the wand end. If it dies I will replace it though. The cord is short so we need an extension cord to use in the outside kitchen.
08/18/2017
Jonny Jonny
Quote:
Originally posted by DancerKittyKat

Photo Credit

Hitachi Wands (now called "The Magic Wand Orginal") are often considered the vibrator to which no other vibrator can compare. However, the wand is not waterproof, the wand is not quiet, and the wand is not cheap. ...
I was wondering this myself for my gf and I. Thanks for the post already!
09/10/2017
  • 1
  • 2
Total posts: 32
Unique posters: 17