I need help posting links

Contributor: edeneve edeneve
I can't get the pink link w/ whatever words I want to write. I need help posting links.
04/09/2013
  • Save Extra 30% On Bestsellers
  • Give her 3 luxury treats for $60 only
  • Get a luxury couple's set for $60 only
  • Mix and match 3 men toys for $60 only
  • Save 85% On Selected Items. Limited Quantity
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
All promotions
Contributor: Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
I can't get the pink link w/ whatever words I want to write. I need help posting links.
for links...

'['
url
'|'
text
']'

remove the ' characters
04/09/2013
Contributor: dv8 dv8
[put url here|put text here]
04/09/2013
Contributor: Gary Gary
Quote:
Originally posted by dv8
[put url here|put text here]
the last time I tried it that way, it made a link
04/09/2013
Contributor: edeneve edeneve
link
04/09/2013
Contributor: edeneve edeneve
still not getting it - arrrgh!
04/09/2013
Contributor: Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
still not getting it - arrrgh!
I looked at the test url you did. You need to put the brackets around your link, just like in dv8's example. Also, between the url and the text label, you need to use the "|" key, which is the solid bar character that shares a key with the "\" character. It looks like you typed a letter I instead of the "|".

Hopefully this helps!
04/09/2013
Contributor: edeneve edeneve
here goes again

Rondo
04/09/2013
Contributor: edeneve edeneve
Quote:
Originally posted by Gone (LD29)
I looked at the test url you did. You need to put the brackets around your link, just like in dv8's example. Also, between the url and the text label, you need to use the "|" key, which is the solid bar character that shares a key ...
it worked, it worked, it worked!!! thank you so much!!! I didn't know about the | key. and that was the key to my success - thanks now if I can remember. lol!
04/09/2013
Contributor: Gone (LD29) Gone (LD29)
Quote:
Originally posted by edeneve
it worked, it worked, it worked!!! thank you so much!!! I didn't know about the | key. and that was the key to my success - thanks now if I can remember. lol!
You're quite welcome!
04/09/2013
Contributor: Wicked Wahine Wicked Wahine
Quote:
Originally posted by Gone (LD29)
You're quite welcome!
You helped a lot more people than you may know! Thanks for the explanation & realizing where the hang up was!
04/09/2013
Contributor: PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Thanks for posting this Edeneve. I too was also wondering what I was doing wrong.
04/09/2013
Contributor: PeaceToTheMiddleEast PeaceToTheMiddleEast
Profile


Yay, I had to just try it on your post to see if it worked and it did. Something so simple that I had done once and forgot how to do it. I am glad I came by your post.
04/09/2013